History

What a history we have!! Originally known as Faculty Wives, our Association has a documented history going back to the 1920’s. As the times changed, we became California State University Fresno Women’s Association. And, in the context of websites and the world of technology, we now enjoy a link as Fresno State Women’s Association with the FresnoState.edu website.

Our 90 year old Association has a record of longevity that is perhaps unrivaled by another in a University that is not much older. The Association is dedicated to promoting friendship among its members, assisting Fresno State with its programs, supporting women’s social issues, and furthering education by giving financial assistance to students. Our latest endeavor is to recognize and honor on-campus leadership exhibited by staff and faculty of the University (see our Leadership Award section).

We have supported the growth of the University at every stage of its development. We are the proud inheritors of an Association that has survived a World War and other major events in our country and community. It is our responsibility to pass it on to future generations of CSUF Women in a more stable condition than we found it.

We urge you to join our Association so that we can further our mission. An application form is available on this website under the heading “Membership.”