Welcome to the AFSA Website
Upcoming Event on October 30, 2015
Dear Campus Community,
AFSA and Student Affairs will be a hosting a tea social on Friday, October 30, 2015 from 3:00PM to 4:30PM in the Cross Cultural and Gender Center, Thomas Building, Room 110.
All participants are invited. We would love to see you in costume. Please join us for tea, snacks, and some spooky fun. We hope to see you there!
Tea Social Flyer (320kb, PDF)
Please check out the new research summary paper: The Academic Challenges of Southeast Asians at Fresno State in the "Works" section of our site.
AFSA was founded at Fresno State in December 2008, and is seeking faculty and staff interested in supporting Asian and Asian-American issues and activities on campus.
The Asian Faculty & Staff Association (AFSA) is committed to bringing together members of the Asian faculty and staff to:
- Promote a campus climate that is sensitive, representative, and fair to all ethnic groups, including the variety of Asian and other Asian-related groups of faculty and staff, with the purpose of creating a more harmonious and diverse community that includes students.
- Provide support, activities, and programs for all Asian faculty and staff on campus including support for relevant curricular, professional, service, and social functions.
- Create and promote a continued sense of community and leadership opportunities among the members of the AFSA.
- Continue in building strong and proactive linkages between the University and the surrounding Asian-related constituencies both in the community and abroad.
- All for a mere annual $15 membership fee!