Welcome to the AFSA Website
Upcoming Event on September 18, 2015
Dear Campus Community,
We invite you, your family, and friends to the first AFSA tea social of the 2015-2016 academic year. This social will take place on Friday, September 18 from 2:00 PM-3:30 PM in the Henry Madden Library, Room 2206.
Remember to mark your calendars and join us for an afternoon of tea, refreshments, and networking. If you would like more information about this event, please contact Dr. Srini Konduru at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you there!
Please check out the new research summary paper: The Academic Challenges of Southeast Asians at Fresno State in the "Works" section of our site.
AFSA was founded at Fresno State in December 2008, and is seeking faculty and staff interested in supporting Asian and Asian-American issues and activities on campus.
The Asian Faculty & Staff Association (AFSA) is committed to bringing together members of the Asian faculty and staff to:
- Promote a campus climate that is sensitive, representative, and fair to all ethnic groups, including the variety of Asian and other Asian-related groups of faculty and staff, with the purpose of creating a more harmonious and diverse community that includes students.
- Provide support, activities, and programs for all Asian faculty and staff on campus including support for relevant curricular, professional, service, and social functions.
- Create and promote a continued sense of community and leadership opportunities among the members of the AFSA.
- Continue in building strong and proactive linkages between the University and the surrounding Asian-related constituencies both in the community and abroad.
- All for a mere annual $15 membership fee!
Events and Activities (updated Apr. 13, 2015)