We welcome you to the Asian Faculty & Staff Association (AFSA) at Fresno State!
Come join us to work on issues, activities & programs that will enrich us all as professionals!
Why should I join AFSA?
AFSA, founded at Fresno State in December 2008, seeks faculty and staff interested in supporting Asian and Asian-American issues and activities on campus. AFSA's hopes to:
- Utilize membership dues to award book scholarships for students.
- Host regular monthly meetings and assorted social gatherings for AFSA members and co-host holiday events with other faculty and staff associations on campus.
- Sponsor, support, and partner with other groups to promote and host Asian-related cultural activities on campus and elsewhere.
- Afford opportunities for faculty and staff across campus to meet, interact, and socialize both formally and informally on a regular basis.
- Support the Asian American Studies Program Coordinator and students.
- Provide enhanced opportunities and funding to develop, enhance, and nurture professional leadership, communication, and organizational skills as part of a well-regarded campus organization.
How to join AFSA?
Please click here to fill out the online AFSA application. You can also download and fill out the PDF AFSA Application Form here. The annual membership fee of twenty dollars ($20) may be sent, in either cash or check, to Dr. Woonki Na, at Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, via campus mail stop EE94. You may also contact AFSA President Mazie Moua if want to use your debit or credit card.