Welcome to the AFSA Website
This is AFSA's annual spring semester kick-off event, held at the beautiful home of Don and Dianne Beauregard near Woodward Park. Bring a dish to share, bring your family and friends, and get to know your fellow AFSA members. We always have a wonderful time sharing our home-cooked (or takeout) dishes that represent the diversity of our Asian Pacific cultures. Please RSVP by Jan 25 so that we can have an accurate headcount for our generous hosts.
AFSA is pleased to announce that we are honoring three deserving students with our AFSA Book Awards: Mustumi Ogaki (Criminology, Undergraduate), See Xiong (Counselor Education and Rehabilitation, Graduate) and Der Vang (Social Work Education, Graduate). Come meet the student winners and their families/friends at this luncheon, held at the new Tang Yuan Seafood Restaurant in Fresno. Cost is $20/person; please RSVP by Feb. 6.
AFSA was founded at Fresno State in December 2008, and is seeking faculty and staff interested in supporting Asian and Asian-American issues and activities on campus.
The Asian Faculty & Staff Association (AFSA) is committed to bringing together members of the Asian faculty and staff to:
- Promote a campus climate that is sensitive, representative, and fair to all ethnic groups, including the variety of Asian and other Asian-related groups of faculty and staff, with the purpose of creating a more harmonious and diverse community that includes students.
- Provide support, activities, and programs for all Asian faculty and staff on campus including support for relevant curricular, professional, service, and social functions.
- Create and promote a continued sense of community and leadership opportunities among the members of the AFSA.
- Continue in building strong and proactive linkages between the University and the surrounding Asian-related constituencies both in the community and abroad.
- All for a mere annual $15 membership fee!
Follow us on AFSA Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/afsafresnostate