Congratulations to the 2019-20 Asian Faculty and Staff Association Executive Board! Thank you to everyone who took their time to vote on the new board.
President: Mai Kou Vang
Vice President: Gena Gong
Secretary: Shimel Her Saychou
Treasurer: Malisa Lee
Public Relations: Tony Losongco
Technology Chair: Melissa Tav
Recruitment Chair: Varaxy Yi Borromeo
Student Liaison: John Lor
Historian: Davorn Sisavath
Fundraising Chair: Yushin Ahn
AFSA was founded at Fresno State in December 2008, and is seeking faculty and staff interested in supporting Asian and Asian-American issues and activities on campus.
The Asian Faculty & Staff Association (AFSA) is committed to bringing together members of the Asian faculty and staff to:
- Promote a campus climate that is sensitive, representative, and fair to all ethnic groups, including the variety of Asian and other Asian-related groups of faculty and staff, with the purpose of creating a more harmonious and diverse community that includes students.
- Provide support, activities, and programs for all Asian faculty and staff on campus including support for relevant curricular, professional, service, and social functions.
- Create and promote a continued sense of community and leadership opportunities among the members of the AFSA.
- Continue in building strong and proactive linkages between the University and the surrounding Asian-related constituencies both in the community and abroad.
- All for a mere annual $20 membership fee!