Graduate Program Application Requirements
Two applications are required:
- Fresno State (apply at www.csumentor.edu)
- Kremen School
The following describes in detail the requirements for the Kremen School application.
MA, Teaching (online)
Fill in the information and submit with required documentation.
Proof of Application to Fresno State
- Provide copy of CSU Mentor confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Provide a copy of all unofficial transcripts (or copy of official transcripts).
Minimum GPA of 3.0
Graduate program applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 semester
(90 quarter) units attempted and a minimum of 2.75 on any Post Baccalaureate work
at Fresno State.
Complete a Statement of Purpose
This is a 1 -2 page, typed statement of your purpose for applying to the program. Focus on your present situation and your short and long-term professional goals. The form is included in the program application packet.
Provide copy of Reflection or report scores (TPA, PACT, FAST, etc.)
You must meet this requirement by submitting one of the following:
- Report final scores on the TPA, PACT, FAST, etc. Provide your scores for Tasks 1-4 on the program application and your signature to authorize the Program Coordinator to access and verify the scores.
- Provide a copy of the Teaching/Learning Reflection or provide the Table of Contents from your Credential Portfolio, BTSA Portfolio, etc.
Provide Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
Include letters of reference and rubrics from instructors, supervisors, or other individuals who are in a position to evaluate you in terms of your potential for graduate student in the program. The rubric form is included in the program application packet.
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all section of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE).
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
For information regarding the UDWE, contact the Fresno State Office of Testing Services located in the Family and Food Sciences Building, Room 110 or call 559.278.2457.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please click here to complete the Writing Competency Substitution Request form.
Copy of Valid Teaching Credential or Private School Employee Contract
You must have access to a classroom to be in this program. Because of the rigor of the MAT program, first-year teachers with BTSA obligations are encouraged to wait until at least the second year of teaching to participate in this program.
TOEFL Score - For international students only
If you are an International Student the TOEFL is a requirement for admission to Fresno State. Verification of the TOEFL score is provided to the program by the International Admissions Office.