The following describes in detail the requirements to apply to the Graduate degree program. This includes submitting completed separate applications for admission to the University and admission to a program within the Kremen School of Education and Human Development (KSOEHD)
Complete the California State University, Fresno application for graduate admission available online at: www.csumentor.edu. To complete your university application, you must also send:
- One set of official transcripts from all colleges attended- Failure to provide official transcripts to Fresno State admissions will delay your program admission.
- A $55.00 application fee to Fresno State- (please do not send checks with program application)
Please note: If you are a current continuing Post Baccalaureate student, please skip the “University Admission Requirement” section and go to “Program Admission Requirements”. You do not need to apply to the University unless you break enrollment.
Mail the above items to: University Admissions–Graduate, 5150 N. Maple Ave., M/S JA 57, Fresno, CA 93740. Your university admission status may be checked at https://my.fresnostate.edu/.
PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Now that you have completed the university application requirements or established that you are a continuing Post Baccalaureate student you need to complete the application requirements for the Graduate Program.
The first step to completing the program application is to apply online. Follow the instructions below for the online portion of you program application.
- Go to my.fresnostate.edu and log in. If you do not have a username and password yet, you can create one at my.fresnostate.edu.
- Click on the "Student Self Service" then click on "Student Center".
- Click on the green arrow next to "My Admissions and Program Applications".
- Click on the "Program Applications" link.
- Click on the green arrow next to "Available Grad/Adv Cred Prog Applications".
- Select the appropriate program application and the semester you are planning on applying to and click on the yellow button.
- Fill in the required information and follow the instructions CAREFULLY then click "Submit Application". (Once you submit you cannot change the information or program you are submitting for. You must call 559.278.0300 the ESSC and request we clear your program application so you can resubmit.)
Please note: This is only the first step to completing the program application! Below are the documents required.
All documents required for program admission are to be assembled in one complete packet and submitted to the Education Student Services Center in the Education Building, ED 100.
- Applicant Cover Sheet
- Documentation or proof of Application or Admission to Fresno State
- Copy of confirmation email for the online program application submission.
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Complete a Statement of Purpose
- Provide copy of Reflection or report TPA, PACT, FAST, etc Scores
- Provide Three (3) sealed Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Competency
- Copy of valid Teaching Credential or Private School Employee Contract or access to a classroom
- TOEFL Score for International Students Only
For more program information, go to; www.fresnostate.edu/kremen/MAT
Fill in the required information, print, and submit with all other required documentation.
Please submit a copy of your receipt of Post Baccalaureate application if you are a new or returning Post Baccalaureate Student. The receipt will serve as proof of application. (Please do not send in a copy of your admission packet to Fresno State.) If you are a current student, please provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts.
The Education Student Services Center (ESSC) in ED 100 will have a copy of your confirmation email for your online program application submission and will attach it to the rest of your documents once you submit them to our office. Please note: If we don't have the copy as proof, we may ask fo you to provide your copy.
Providing the program admissions office with copies of all transcripts expedites the admission process. Not a requirement, but much appreciated.
Graduate program applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted and a minimum of a 2.75 on any Post Baccalaureate work at Fresno State. Failure to provide official transcripts to Fresno State admissions, will delay your program admission. The GPA will be verified by technician as the transcripts are received by Graduate Admissions. (See Unofficial Transcript info above)
Complete a 3-4 paragraph statement in terms of the three overarching themes of this online master's degree program; multicultural education; social justce education; and action (practitioner) research.
You must meet this requirement by submitting one of the following:
- Report final scores on the TPA, PACT, FAST or etc. Provide your scores for tasks 1-4 on the program application and your signature to authorize the Program Coordinator to access the scores or to verify the scores. OR
- Provide a copy of the Teaching/Learning reflection or provide the Table of Contents from your Credential Portfolio, BTSA Portfolio, etc.
Include letters of reference and the attached form found in the program application from instructors, supervisors, or other individuals who are in a position to evaluate you in terms of your potential for graduate study in the program. Do not send separately.
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum score of a 41+ of the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion or pass all sections of the entire test (provide a copy), OR
- Passing all 3 sections of the Multiple Subject CSET test and the CSET writing skills test. (provide copy), OR
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE) (verified on Fresno State transcript), OR
- Earning a grade of “B” or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
For information regarding the UDWE, contact the Fresno State Office of Testing Services located in the Family and Food Sciences Building, Room 110 or call 559.278.2457.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed please click here and follow the instructions carefully.
Note: You must have access to a classroom to be in this program. Because of the rigor of the MAT program, first-year teachers with BTSA obligations are encouraged to wait until at least the second year of teaching to participate in this program.
If you are an International Student the TOEFL is a requirement for admission to Fresno State. Verification of the TOEFL score is provided to the program by the International Admissions Office.