Graduate Program Application Requirements
Two applications are required:
- Fresno State (apply at www.calstate.edu/apply)
- Kremen School
The following describes in detail the requirements for the Kremen School application.
Fall 2017 Cal State Apply and program application deadline - May 31, 2017
MA, Teaching (online)
Proof of Application to Fresno State
- Provide copy of CSU Mentor confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Minimum GPA of 3.0
Complete a Statement of Purpose
Provide copy of Reflection or report scores (TPA, PACT, FAST, etc.)
You must meet this requirement by submitting one of the following:
- Report final scores on the TPA, PACT, FAST, etc. Provide your scores for Tasks 1-4 on the program application and your signature to authorize the Program Coordinator to access and verify the scores.
- Provide a copy of the Teaching/Learning Reflection or provide the Table of Contents from your Credential Portfolio, BTSA Portfolio, etc.
Provide Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE).
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
For information regarding the UDWE, contact the Fresno State Office of Testing Services located in the Family and Food Sciences Building, Room 110 or call 559.278.2457.
Copy of Valid Teaching Credential or Private School Employee Contract
You must have access to a classroom to be in this program. Because of the rigor of the MAT program, first-year teachers with BTSA obligations are encouraged to wait until at least the second year of teaching to participate in this program.