Graduate Program Application Requirements
MA in Education, Counseling & Student Services Option
Two applications are required:
- Fresno State (apply at www.calstate.edu/apply)
- Kremen School
The following describes in detail the requirements for the Kremen School application.
Fall 2018 - Cal State Apply and program application deadline March 1
MA Education, Counseling and Student Services
Proof of Application to Fresno State
- Provide copy of CSU Mentor confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Minimum GPA of 2.75
Complete a Statement of Purpose
Provide Three (3) Sealed Letters of Recommendation
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE).
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
For information regarding the UDWE, contact the Fresno State Office of Testing Services located in the Family and Food Sciences Building, Room 110 or call 559.278.2457.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please complete the Writing Competency Substitution form.
Complete Prerequisites from Fresno State with a grade of "C" or better
It is recommended that the course be completed or in progress prior to applying to the program. Please highlight the course on your unofficial transcript. The course cannot be older than 10 years:
- COUN 174 or PSYCH 174 - Introduction to Counseling
To have courses that you have taken at another university reviewed for substitution, please click on the form below: