Graduate Program Application Requirements
Two applications are required:
- Fresno State (apply at www.csumentor.edu)
- Kremen School
The following describes in detail the requirements for the Kremen School application.
NOTE: The HEAL program accepts applications for the Fall semesters only
MA Education, Educational Leadership and Administration
Fill in the information and submit with required documentation.
Proof of Application to Fresno State
- Provide copy of CSU Mentor confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Provide a copy of all unofficial transcripts (or copy of official transcripts).
Minimum GPA of 2.75
Graduate program applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted and a minimum of 2.75 on any Post Baccalaureate work at Fresno State.
Complete a Statement of Purpose
This is a 1 -2 page, typed statement of your purpose for applying to the program. Focus on your present situation and your short and long-term professional goals. The form is included in the program application packet.
Provide Three (3) Sealed Letters of Recommendation
Include letters of reference and rubrics from instructors, supervisors, or other individuals who are in a position to evaluate you in terms of your potential for graduate student in the program. The rubric form is included in the program application packet.
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all section of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE).
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
For information regarding the UDWE, contact the Fresno State Office of Testing Services located in the Family and Food Sciences Building, Room 110 or call 559.278.2457.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please complete the Writing Competency Substitution Request form.
*TOEFL Score - For international students only
If you are an International Student the TOEFL is a requirement for admission to Fresno State. Verification of the TOEFL score is provided to the program by the International Admissions Office.
Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
Advanced Credential Requirements
In addition to the above requirements, credential applicants must provide:
- Evidence of passing the CBEST.
- Copy of valid California Multiple Subject, Single Subject, Education Specialist, or Pupil Personnel Services Credential.
Credential Only Requirements
For those students applying for the credential only, in addition to the above requirements, applicants must:
- Have a conferred master's degree or a master's degree in progress.
- Verify with the Program Coordinator five years of successful, full-time experience in public schools or in private schools of equivalent status at the time the credential is bestowed.