Graduate Program Application Requirements
Two applications are required:
- Fresno State (apply at www.calstate.edu/apply)
- Kremen School (program application)
The information below describes the requirements for applying to the M.A.Ed.-&I program.
Note: Dr. Carol Fry Bohlin will be on sabbatical during Fall Semester 2017, so please
contact Dr. Roy Bohlin (email@example.com, 559-278-0245) with program questions between
August 22 and December 20, 2017.
MA Education, Curriculum and Instruction
Fill in the information and submit with required documentation.
Proof of Application to Fresno State
- Provide copy of Cal State Apply confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Provide a copy of all unofficial transcripts (or copy of official transcripts).
Minimum GPA of 2.75
Graduate program applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted and a minimum of 2.75 on any Post Baccalaureate work at Fresno State.
Complete a Statement of Purpose
This is a 1 -2 page typed statement of your purpose for applying to the program. Focus on your present situation and your short- and long-term professional goals. The form is included in the program application packet.
Provide Three (3) Sealed Letters of Recommendation
Include letters of reference and the completed rubric form from instructors, supervisors, or other individuals who are in a position to evaluate you in terms of your potential for success in the graduate program. The rubric form is included in the program application packet.
You must meet this requirement by ONE of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE).
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State. (Note: This course cannot be counted toward your graduate degree.)
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Programs Coordinator (Dr. Susan Tracz) for a course taken at another institution.
For information regarding the UDWE, contact the Fresno State Office of Testing Services located in the Family and Food Sciences Building, Room 110 or call 559.278.2457.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please complete the Writing Competency Substitution Request form.
*TOEFL Score - For international students only
If you are an International Student, the TOEFL is a requirement for admission to Fresno State. Verification of the TOEFL score is provided to the program by the International Admissions Office.
Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Technology
In addition to the above requirements, certificate applicants must provide the following:
- A copy of the Proposed Program for the Certificate of Advanced Study. This can be submitted after admission to the program.
- After admission to the program, you will need to submit a Change of Major form in order to add the certificate to your program plan.