Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Teacher Summit group picture with hands raised

Frequently Asked Questions

This page is designed to help navigate you through applying and completing one of our Graduate and/or Advanced Credential programs. This page is a work in progress and will be updated regularly.

Categories of Questions

Applying to Program

Knowing Where to Start

I am interested in applying to a program, but I would like to know more about the program. Where can I find out more information? 

Our website has most of the information you will need to assist you in choosing which program you would like to pursue or at least direct you to the person or sites that can.

If you have questions about what the program admission requirements are, how to apply to program, program deadlines, etc., you can find those answers on the application page or call 559.278.0300. 

If you have questions about the specific coursework in the program, please contact the Program Coordinator listed under each program title on the application page.

How much will it cost to apply to program?

There is $55 application fee for the university application that is submitted online at: DO NOT SEND IT WITH YOUR PROGRAM APPLICATION. 

There is a section on the university application to apply for a fee waiver. You will need to follow the instructions and determine whether or not you qualify.

There is no fee for the program application.

How do I apply to program?

There are a few things you need to do in order to apply to program.

  • The first step is to apply online to the university at: and pay the online fee if applicable. (Some students are eligible for a fee waiver.)
  • The next step is the program application process. The instructions on how to apply can be found on our application page: click here to find the program you are interested in and links to the program requirements and forms. Some programs are participating in an online program application step that is reviewed on their requirements page.  Make sure you are reading everything carefully so you don't miss any steps. 
  • You will need to bring in or mail the program documentation that is listed in the admission requirements pages to ED 100 in the Kremen School of Education and Human Development.
  • Lastly, if you have attended universities other than Fresno State or attended Fresno State more than 5 years ago, you will need to have official transcripts for ALL institutions sent to University Graduate Admissions. Unofficial transcripts can accompany your program application, but all official must be sent to University Graduate Admissions directly.

To mail in your program application, send to:

                        Attn:Graduate Admissions Analyst
                        Kremen School of Education and Human Development
                        5005 North Maple Ave. M/S ED701
                        Fresno, CA 93740

To mail official transcripts and fees to the Graduate Admissions, send to:

                        Attn: University Graduate Admissions
                        Fresno State
                        5150 North Maple. Ave. M/S JA57
                        Fresno, CA 93740

International Students should contact the International admissions office at 559.278.2409 for specific information regarding mailing and applying.

Back to top

Application to the University

What is the difference between the university application and a program application?

The Kremen School of Education and Human Development is one of the few schools on campus that require two parts to the application process: the University application and Program application.

You should complete the University application first because you must provide a copy of verification as proof that you have completed the University application when you submit your program application. (If you are a continuing PBAC student you do not need to apply to the University, but you do need to submit a copy of your unofficial transcripts showing that you are currently enrolled in PBAC coursework.)

The program application is an application that is specific to the graduate program you wish to gain admission to.  The program application is printed and some are submitted online with additional documentation required and submitted to ED 100 in the Education Building. These application requirements are explained in detail for each program we offer on our application page.

I applied to the university through Cal State Apply; what is next?

You will need to finish the application process by filling out a program application. Listed here are all the programs we offer and each link explains in detail the admission requirements. Turn in all required documents listed in the instructions to ED 100, or mail the application packet to:

                        Attn:Graduate Admissions Analyst
                        Kremen School of Education and Human Development
                        5005 North Maple Ave. M/S ED701
                        Fresno, CA 93740

I am a current Fresno State student; do I still need to apply to the university?

If you are a current Post Baccalaureate student and are currently enrolled and taking courses in a program, you do not need to reapply to Fresno State, but you do need to turn in a program application. If admitted to a program, you will be instructed on what to submit to Fresno State to either change or add your new program.  Students graduating with their Bachelor's degree will need to apply to University as a Post Baccalaureate student. 

I cannot log into My Fresno State portal. What do I do?

You can call the Student Help Desk at 559.278.7000. They can help you get logged back in to your account to access personal information, unofficial transcripts, etc. 

I cannot log in to my Cal State Apply application. What do I do?

If you encountered an error or technical problem, please email XAP support with your full name or username, your telephone number or email address, any details you remember about what you were entering or clicking on when the problem occurred, and the heading/title or WWW address of the screen you were working on.

Call: 1-800-GO-TO-XAP (468-6927) or 310-842-9800

From outside the U.S., use email or call XAP Corporation's switchboard at 310-842-9117 and ask for tech support. 

Back to top


Do I need to provide official transcripts if I am a Fresno State student?

Only students who have attended universities other than Fresno State or attended another institution after attending Fresno State or attended Fresno State more than five years prior are required to provide official transcripts to the University Graduate Admissions office.  If you have attended Fresno State within the last five years, you may submit unofficial transcripts with your program application to assist with expediting the process in a timely manner; official copies are not required.

To send official transcripts to the university:

                         Attn: Graduate Admissions
                         Fresno State
                         5150 North Maple Ave. M/S JA 57
                         Fresno, CA 93740

I have never attended Fresno State, where do I need to send my official transcripts?

You will need to send your transcripts to the Graduate Admissions Office. Make sure the transcripts are official and sealed.  They must be from ALL institutions attended. (Yes, even if it was a weekend course or the transfer courses show on another institutions transcripts. ALL INSTITUTIONS must have an official transcript submitted.) If transcripts are not officially sealed, new copies that are official will need to be submitted and sent.

To send transcripts to the university:

            Graduate Admissions
            Fresno State
            5150 North Maple Ave. M/S JA57
            Fresno, CA 93740

Back to top

Items to Include with Program Application

What should I include in my statement of purpose?

In your statement of purpose you should provide relevant information about yourself including goals, objectives, and experiences related to the master's degree and/or advanced credential/certificate program to which you are applying. Please focus primarily on your short term and long-term professional goals. You may attach additional pages if necessary. Your statement of purpose should be typed; 1-2 pages max, and does not have to be submited on the form provided in the application. 

Does the evaluation form suffice as a letter of recommendation?

The form alone is not acceptable. The evaluation form is required for most of our programs accompanied by a letter of recommendation on letterhead and is to be sealed with the letter from the person who is filling it out. If you have three letters of recommendation but no evaluation forms, the program you are applying to could request evaluation forms or deny you based on your letters being "weak". The evaluators you have chosen to write your letters of recommendation can be the same evaluators you choose to fill out your evaluation forms; you do not need all new evaluators. 

Back to top

Prerequisites and Substitutions

How can I meet the writing competency?

There are several ways to meet the writing competency:

-Obtaining a score of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion OR pass all sections of the entire test (provide a copy)

-Passing all 3 sections of the Multiple Subject CSET test and the CSET writing skills test (provide copy)

-Obtaining a minimum score of 114+ on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE) (verified on Fresno State transcript)

- Earning a grade of “B” or better in any "W" course at Fresno State

For information about the UDWE please contact Family and Food Sciences Building, Room 110, or call 559.278.2457. To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed please fill out the "Writing Competency Substitution Request form".

I took a writing course at another institution; will it count for the writing competency?

If you feel that a course you took would be a good replacement for the writing competency, you can request a course substitution. The form can be found under the Applications and Forms section of this website. It is called the "Writing Competency substitution Request form".

You will need to submit the form, a copy of unofficial transcripts with the grade of the class you wish to substitute posted, a catalog description of the course, the syllabus from the course, and a writing sample to ED 100 in the Kremen School of Education and Human Development.

**Do not submit this form if you have passed the CBEST OR passed just the writing portion of the CBEST with a 41 or better OR passed the Upper Division Writing Exam (UDWE) or passed any "W" course at Fresno State with a B or better.

What are the prerequisite courses for the graduate programs?

The prerequisites for the MS in Counseling degrees and Rehabilitation Counseling programs are COUN 174, COUN 176, and ERA 153. 

  • COUN 174 is an upper division course that is an introduction to counseling methods.
  • COUN 176 is an upper division course about mental health issues in the field of counseling.
  • ERA 153 is a research methods and statistics course and is a prerequisite to ERA 220. 

Not all programs require prerequisites, so be sure to check your application instructions for the prerequisites required. There are other courses offered at Fresno State that are equivalent and are substitutable for prerequisite courses.

  • PSYCH 144/143, SWRK 171/176, DS 123, HS 202, SOC 125 are approved substitutions for ERA 153 (no form for substitution required, just proof of completion via Fresno State unofficial transcript with course and grade highlighted).
  • PSYCH 174 is an approved equivalent for Counseling 174 (no form for substitution required, just proof of completion via Fresno State unofficial transcript with course and grade highlighted).
  • PSYCH 166/66 or any “Abnormal Psychology” courses at another institution are approved equivalents for COUN 176 (no form for substitution required, just proof of completion via unofficial transcript from Fresno State or another institution with course and grade highlighted).

I have not met all or some of the prerequisite courses; will that affect my status?

The decision will be up to the Program Faculty who review your file. The Faculty will look at your application overall and determine whether you can be admitted conditionally or be denied until you can meet those requirements.

The Education Student Services Center (ED 100) does not take part in the decision process for admittance of students, just the recording of the information submitted by the applicant. 

I took a course similar to one or more of the prerequisites at another institution; will it count as a substitute? 

If you feel that a course you took would be a good replacement for Counseling 174, 176, ERA 153, or the writing competency, you can submit a course substitution forms. The forms can be found on this website under the Applications and Forms section. The necessary requirements are listed on the form. If the substitution you request is for a writing course, a writing sample is required. 

**Do not submit this form if you have a Fresno State approved equivalent listed in the program application or an “Abnormal Psychology” course from another institution.

We do ask that you please highlight the prerequisites in the unofficial transcripts from your program application so that they are easily noticeable.

Please note, depending on the substitution there are TWO locations that the form or forms must be turned into.  Follow the directions carefully on the form.  You are responsible for this process.

Back to top

Advanced Credentials or Certificates

How do I apply for an advanced credential or certificate with my Master’s program?

Applying for an advanced credential or certificate with a Master’s program is simple; all you need to do is check the box of the credential you wish to apply for on the program application and bring those additional required documents for the credential in with the rest of the program application. Every credential is different and so are the requirements; be sure to check the advanced credential and/or certificate admission requirements listed in the program application instructions. 

What are the requirements for an advanced credential or certificate?

Each advanced credential is different, so each credential will have different requirements. You will need to check the application instructions of the graduate/advanced credential you wish to apply for in order to get the specific requirements needed. 

I already have a Master’s degree; do I have to do another program? Can I just do the credential?

If you already have a Master’s degree and you would just like to earn an advanced credential, you can do so. If you strongly feel that you would like to do another Master’s program, then we suggest speaking with a program adviser. However, if you already have a Master’s in one area, you cannot obtain another one. 

Do I need to have an advanced credential or certificate with my Master’s? 

No, if you have questions about earning an advanced credential or certificate along with your degree and whether the credential is recommended to accompany the program, you should seek advice from your assigned program adviser. 

When and where can I sign up to take the CBEST?

You can sign up to take the CBEST at Dates and current fee information are also listed on our Fresno State Testing Services website. 

If you are taking the CBEST for means of meeting the writing competency, either passing the entire CBEST or taking just the writing portion and earning a 41 or better will meet the requirement.

If you are taking it for advanced credentials, etc. all sections need to be passed.

What is a certificate of clearance?

The Certificate of Clearance is verification that a student has completed the fingerprint, or, Live Scan process. It is required of students who plan to work in a K-12 setting. For more information, please visit: If required, a copy of the certificate of clearance needs to be submitted with the program application. 

I have already done Live Scan for employment, etc. Do I need to do it again?

It depends; if you have completed the Live Scan process and the results were sent to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), then you would need to go to the CTC website ( and print your Clearance.

If your Live Scan results were not sent to the CTC, they will need to be completed again. For instructions on the process, please see the instructions page in the Applications and Forms section of our website.

Back to top 

Application Processing

When is the deadline to apply to program?

It will vary by semester. Deadlines, if any can be found at:

Please note: these deadlines are sometimes extended or close early without notice.

There is a deadline for the university application through Cal State Apply, but the Kremen School of Education is on a “rolling admission” or, continuous enrollment. As long as you meet the university deadline and we still have capacity for more students in program, we will continue to take applications. However, because we are on a rolling admission basis, the sooner we receive your application the better the chances of beating the crowd and missing your opportunity to begin program! 

How long will it be before I hear back with an acceptance or denial to program?

The approximate waiting time for students to hear back on their program status is 8-12 weeks once your application is turned in, assuming all documents have been turned in with the application and transcripts have been sent to the university. We try our best to get an answer back to students in as timely a manner as possible, so it does help when students have their entire program packet complete with all required documents and all official transcripts sent to the university if applicable. Your status will come through email, so check your emails periodically for a “Program Status” email. Also, be sure to check spam mail, junk mail, etc. for this email. Unfortunately, these emails from the university are sometimes sent straight to those folders.

I received a letter stating I was “conditionally admitted” to the program. What does this mean?

Congratulations! This means that you were accepted to the program and may start in the term you applied for, but you have some conditions to meet first. There is a list of requirements in your Student Center under your "To Do's" that you need to complete BEFORE you finish 9 units of actual program coursework. Conditions usually are completing program prerequisites (ERA 153, Coun. 174, etc), meeting the writing competency, or completing the first 9 units of program with a grade of "B" or better. Once you have completed your conditions in that first semester, bring unofficial transcripts, test scores, etc. as proof of doing so into ED 100 so that you may be classified in program. 

I was previously denied to program but want to reapply. What steps do I need to follow?

If a student is denied to program and wants to reapply, he/she should follow the same steps as before in applying to program. Apply to both the university and the program; a new program application and all new required documents are necessary. No documents from the previous application will be given back to the student if he/she is denied. 

Back to top 


I was admitted to program; when can I start registering for courses?

If you have been admitted to program, be sure to check your “My Fresno State Portal” periodically. Under the Student Center there will be an Enrollment Appointment listed under the “Enrollment Dates” section of the Student Center once priority registration time is near. If you are admitted after the priority enrollment dates have passed, open enrollment should be in effect.

I am not sure about which classes I should take. Where can I get help?

If you are unsure about coursework, the best thing to do would be to make an appointment with your assigned adviser. This assigned adviser is named in the program status email you received when you were accepted to program. Program advisers are there to assist you with picking classes for the semester, filling out advancement to candidacies, etc. If ever you feel you need assistance with a concern while in program, feel free to contact your adviser. The contact information of your program adviser was also sent in the program status email if you would like to contact the adviser directly, or you can call the department office of your program to make an appointment. 

How do I register for project or thesis?

In order to register for project or thesis (culmination experience) you will need to obtain a permission number from ED 100. 

To obtain a permission number for thesis you will need to have the first three chapters of your thesis with your committe assignment sheet (form is found on the Division of Graduate Studies website) turned into ED 100. 

For Project you will need your project proposal signed and turned in to ED100. 

For registration in any Culminating Experience you must have your Advancement to Candidacy on file with ED 100 as well.

When it comes to actually registering for the course, the first thing to do is log into your Fresno State Portal and go to the Student Center. From there you will click on “My Academic Records and Registration” and click on the link “Class Enrollment.” From there it will prompt you to add the class number that was provided to you, and then you will add the permission number.

 Back to top

In Program

What does it mean to be classified?

Being classified basically means that a student has met all conditions required of them to be in program and is "Fully Admitted". For example, if a student is “conditionally admitted” to program with the condition of completing the first 9 units of program with a B or better, then he/she will gain classified status once he/she can prove those conditions are met and has an overall Postbaccalaureate GPA of a 3.0 or better. Unofficial transcripts should be turned in to ED 100 for proof of completing conditions. It is important to be classified because a student is not fully admitted to program until all conditions of program admission have been met and cannot be approved for advancement to candidacy, register for project/thesis, apply to graduate, etc. until they have been classified. 

How do I get classified in program?

The Graduate Admissions Analyst will take care of the “Classified Standing Request” form on your behalf so you do not need to worry about this form. However, you do need to provide proof of meeting the conditions listed in your program status notification you received, By submitting unofficial transcripts, test scores, etc. to ED 100. You cannot be classified by our Graduate Admissions Analyst until you have given ED 100 proof of completion of conditions. If you have questions about the program conditions on your admittance letter, please call 559.278.0300. 

What is the advancement to candidacy form?

An advancement to candidacy form is like a contract; it states which courses you have taken and/or plan to take in order to meet the requirements for the degree you are earning. Advancements should be typed, and it is recommended that students fill out their advancement to candidacy forms with their advisers to be sure it is error free.

When do I need to do my advancement to candidacy form?

You can find the form online at: It needs to be typed and not hand written. Fill out your Advancement to Candidacy with your adviser, have them sign the form, you sign it, then bring it to ED 100 where we will verify your status, sign the form with the Graduate Programs Coordinator's signature and submit it to the Division of Graduate Studies for processing.

You can turn in your advancement to candidacy after you have completed 9 units in the program with a B or better and complete the Graduate Writing Requirement

I want to add the PPS credential to my Master’s program; what steps do I follow to do that?

In order to add the PPS credential to your program, you must be in good academic standing (classified standing). The application packet can be found on our website under the Applications and Forms section. You will need the application, a statement of purpose for adding the PPS to your program, copy of passing CBEST scores, a copy of current unofficial transcripts, and a certificate of clearance. Bring all required documents listed to ED 100. The process can be time consuming, so be sure to turn in the packet as soon as possible. The form you are looking for is the "Request to Add PPS". 

I want to switch to a different Master’s program; how do I do that?

If you would like to switch to another program outside of the Kremen School of Education and Human Development you will need to check with the department office of the new program to see what they require of you. Contact our office at 559.278.0300 to let us know that you will no longer be attending our program.

If you are switching between programs within the Kremen School of Education and Human Development, you will need to be classified in the program you are currently in before you can switch to another one of Kremen School's graduate programs.  The form can be found on our website under the Applications and Forms section under Forms.  If you are in any of the Counselor Ed programs, the form you are looking for is the "Program Change Request - Counseling".  If you are in the Education programs, the form you are looking for is the "Program Change Request - Education".  Most programs require you to write a statement of purpose justifying why you are switching programs and unofficial transcripts.  If the program requires documentation that we do not have on file, we will request that from you.

You will be notified via email with the outcome of the program's decision and told what additional steps are needed to change your degree objective with Fresno State.  Do not attempt to do this step until program admits you.

What is a program adjustment form?

A program adjustment form adjusts changes made to your program coursework that were approved on your advancement to candidacy form. For example, if you wrote down a certain elective you planned to take on your advancement to candidacy but you decide to take another elective instead, you will need to do a program adjustment form. You do not have to fill out an adjustment form if there is a change in the semester/term you take the courses, only if the courses themselves change. 

 Back to top

Program Completion and Graduation

What is a Degree Clearance Form?

A degree clearance form is a form that states a student has completed his/her culminating experience and is ready to graduate. The Kremen School of Education and Human Development is unique in that the students do not need to do this form for themselves. The advisers will do it on the students' behalf working with the Graduate Admissions Analyst in ED 100.  All a student needs to do is turn in the abstract from their project or thesis to his/her adviser, and the adviser will take care of the rest. If you receive an email stating you need to do the degree clearance form, but you are in one of the graduate programs offered in the Kremen School, you can disregard the email. The Comp Exam proctors will also take care of the notification and signing of the form for students who have passed the comps. 

Do I need to fill out and turn in a Master’s Degree Clearance Form?

No; we will take care of the form for you. Your program coordinator/adviser will sign the form. There is nothing you need to do for this except give your adviser a copy of your abstract. We are the only school on campus that does this for our students, so if you receive an email requesting this form be done, you can disregard it. The Comp Exam proctors will also take care of the notification and signing of the form for students who have passed the comps. 

When is the deadline to apply for my degree?

The deadline to turn in a graduate degree application is always within the first three weeks of every starting semester or term. Please go to the Division of Research and Graduate Studies page for deadlines (see "Dates and Deadlines").  You need to submit an online application for graduation (online application process).   

After those first three weeks, an application will be considered “late”.  If you are turning in a late graduate degree application, you will need to visit the Division of Graduate Studies first and get permission from the office. 

I missed the deadline to turn in my graduate degree application. What do I do?

First you need to go to the Division of Research and Graduate Studies in the Frank W. Thomas Bldg in TA 130. You will need their permission to turn in a late application. Next, you will go to ED 100 for a signature from the Graduate Admissions Analyst. Then you will go to Joyal Administration to pay the application fee as well as a late fee. Lastly you will take your receipt and application back to the Division of Research and Graduate Studies to turn in. 

I am not quite done with program yet, but I want to walk in the ceremony. Can I?

If a student wishes to walk in the convocation ceremony but is not finished with the program, he/she MUST be finishing in the following summer term at the latest. Otherwise, he/she will have to wait for the ceremony in the next academic year. The student needs to be advanced to candidacy, and the student will need to come to ED 100 with their name, mailing address, and email address to be put on the mailing list for the invitation by a deadline provided on our website closer to the ceremony date. More information will be available on our website in the months prior to graduation. 

I am done with my Master’s program, but I am not finished with the credential coursework. Do I still apply for my degree?

Yes, you can apply for your degree. You will need to submit a graduate degree application within the first two weeks of the semester or term in which you are planning to graduate. You will bring the application to ED 100 for a signature, pay the graduate degree application fee in Joyal Administration, and turn everything in to the Division of Graduate Studies, 4th floor of the Madden Library, Rm. 4140. Once you have applied and are approved, you will only be a credential student, and you may finish your credential coursework.  You may verify this by checking that your program is listed on your unofficial transcripts.  If it is not listed, please notify ED 100, 559-278-0300. 

I am getting an advanced credential with my Master’s degree. How do I apply for each?

You will fill out a graduate degree application found on the Division of Research and Graduate Studies website during the first two weeks of the semester in which you plan to finish your Master's degree. To apply for your credential you will need to fill out a credential application and bring it in to ED 100 in Kremen School of Education and Human Development with the required documents on the checklist. Applications for finishing the credential can be found in our office in ED 100, or they can be requested via email from our Credential Analyst. If you would like to request an application, you can email our Credential Analyst at: 

How do I sign up to participate in the convocation ceremony?

If you are finishing in the Summer, Fall or Spring semesters you will be automatically added to the list of graduates. MAKE SURE your mailing address and email address are current with our office, ED 100. We will be sending you emails regarding the convocation ceremony as well as an invitation to the ceremony. Check our homepage regularly in that spring semester for updated information about convocation. 

 Back to top

Request to Change Program and/or Add Credential to Existing Master's Program

I am a current Master's student in the Kremen School of Education and Human Development. How do I change my program or option?

You can only submit an application if you are currently "Classified" in program (full admission to program).  If you are requesting to change program in Counseling, please click here to access the application.  If you are requesting to change program in Education, please click here to access the applicationIf adding a credential you must meet all the requirements for that program which are listed on the application. To add an advanced credential in Education, click here to access the application.  To add the PPS credential, please click here to access the application.

Is there a deadline?

There are no deadlines for changes of programs. However, if you are adding a credential you must add it prior to starting the coursework.  It is not in your best interest if you wait until right before you are graduating.  These are NOT priorities for the program faculty and will be reviewed when time allows. 

What if I forgot or thought I added the credential to my program and I am graduating this semester but still have credential coursework to take next semester?

If you waited to check your admission to the advanced credential program and are graduating this semester you need to get your paperwork in ASAP.  If the program does not approve your addition prior to completion of your degree, your enrollment will be dropped and you will need to re-apply to Fresno State under the Advanced Credential you were trying to add after it is approved. 

What prerequisite requirements need to be fulfilled?

You must be Classified or Fully Admitted to your current program.  If you are changing to a program with Prerequisites or additional admission requirements you must show proof of completion of these requirements with your application to change.

  • For the Counseling degrees and Rehabilitation Counseling you must have COUN 174, COUN 176, ERA 153 completed.  You must have a minimum GPA of a 3.0.
  • For the MA's in Education no additional requirements are needed with the exception of Early Childhood.  You must meet with the Program Coordinator to review your previous coursework and your background in Early Childhood.
  • For the MA in Special Education and/or the Clear Specialist Credential you should meet with the Program Coordinator before submitting the application.  You must hold a Preliminary Specialist Credential or previously referred to as a Level I credential.
  • MAT does have additional requirements listed on the application.

Who should I contact before the change if I have questions?

Contact the Program Coordinator for the program you are wishing to change to. Their contact information is listed on the Graduate Program application webpage. 

I just want to add a credential; what do I do?

Make sure you fill out the change or add application-Click here and that you submit the requirements for the credential.

  • For the PPS you must be classified in your program.  You must also submit a copy of a valid Certificate of Clearance or valid California Teaching Credential, COUN 174 and ERA 153 completed and a copy of the CBEST passed. We will NOT accept anything in progress.
  • For the Preliminary Administrative Services, the Early Childhood Education and the Reading/Language Arts Credentials you must have 2-3 years teaching experience and must hold the proper California Teaching Credential.  This information can be found on the program application webpage.  Click here and scroll to Advanced Credential and Certificate Applicant Requirements or Individual requirements or notes for the Master, Advanced Credential or Certificate programs.
  • For the Clear Education Specialist in Mild/Moderate and or Moderate/Severe you should contact the Program Coordinator for Special Education and make sure you have completed and received the Level I or Preliminary Education Specialist Credential.

How do I verify my current program title and if I am also pursuing the Advanced Credential?

Check your unofficial transcript on your "Student Center".

Back to top