2-Day Workshop, featuring Dr. Nancy Akhavan, author, lecturer, presenter and EL curriculum and program expert
- Dates: January 26-27, 2015
- Location: Fresno State University (Residence Dining Hall; free parking)
- Time: 8:00 am-3:00 pm ( Includes breakfast; lunch on own)
- Cost: $150 per individual
- Become familiar with the new CA ELD standards and how the instructional and programmatic shifts in the standards affect expectations in the classroom and in master schedules.
- Understand how Common Core standards connect to new ELD standards, and how to support effective programs to ensure student readiness for college and career upon graduation.
- Examine the programmatic and instructional causes behind the large number of Long Term English Learners in our schools, and understand how to change systems to ensure students learn English and make adequate yearly progress.
- Receive tools to plan, implement, evaluate and monitor programs that ensure English learners attain English proficiency, develop high levels of academic attainment in English, and meet the same challenging state academic standards as all other students.
Kremen Showcase: CCSS Best Instructional Practices
Featuring Dr. Virginia Boris and exemplary Valley educators
- Date: March 24, 2015
- Location: Fresno State
- Time: 8:30 am.-2:00 pm.
- Registration opening soon
October 2, 2014 Exemplary Practices In Education Leadership Conference
Maximizing Leadership for Systemic Change
Dr. Michael Fullan, Keynote Speaker
October 2, 2014 Conference Handouts: (Click on session titles to access resources)
- Fresno County's Early Stars Quality Rating Improvement System (Tamala Olsby and Isela Turner)
- Birth through Third Grade Challenge Grant (Mary Stanley and Megan Tupper)
- Keeping Pace with Change: A Strategic Look at Smarter Balanced Assessments (Dr.C. Greenlaw)
- Embracing a 21st C. Culture in a Project-Based Environment (M. Niehoff, B.Nelson,D Ching, C Milliorn)
- Maximizing PLCs to Activate Systems Change in Math(H. Cloud) [click on individual handouts]
- Navigating the Path to Digital Learning (K.Madden, T. Nixon)
- Reconnecting Our At-Risk Youth through Men's and Women's Alliances (D. Person)
- Operating in the World of the Common Core: Formative Assessments and Data 1 (J. Forbes)
- Operating in the World of the Common Core: 2 ( J Forbes)
- Transforming Schools: Leading and Learning, One Step at a Time (C. Wilson)
- A Leadership Perspective: Changing the Outcome for EL Learners (N. Akhavan, R. Castillo)
- Setting Instructional Expectations for the Common Core: In-Depth Lesson Design, Active Student Engagement, and 21st Century Learning (E. Cederquist, S. Griffin, L.Gonzalez, G. Regier, S.Stewart, H Gutierrez)
Navigating the Common Core: Standards-Driven Instruction, Formative Assessment, Intervention and Enrichment
Dr. Connie Kamm
Dr. Connie Kamm of the Leadership and Learning Center engaged participants in an interactive conversation around the implementation of Common Core with and emphasis on Standards driven instruction and formative assessments in the Common Core.
Marking Progress on the Professional Learning Communities at Work Journey: Are You Soaring or Settling?
Exemplary Practices Education Leadership Conference: Shaping 21st Century Learning Video featuring keynote speakers: Dr. Eric Mazur, Harvard University on Interactive "Peer" Instruction
Dr. Mariale Hardiman, Johns Hopkins University on Brain-Targeted Teaching See resources on Hardiman website.
Conference Presentation available (Click on title)
- Learning Unit Template
- Planning Template
- Capture Your Ideas
- Brain Targeted Teaching Reading Comprehension Study Guide
Exemplary Practices Conference with Richard Elmore and Yong Zhao
Exemplary Practices Conference with Anthony Muhammad and Eugene Garcia
Luis Cruz ( Feb 14, 2012 ) Promoting Equitable Schools
Tom Many (Dec 15, 2011) - Assessment
Debra Pickering ( Oct 25, 2011 ) Developing Instructional Leaders - Notes/Presentation