Education Career Services
2013 Teacher Recruitment Fair
April 11, 2013
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Fresno Convention Center
New Exhibit Hall
Kremen School of Education and Human Development
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday, March 11, 2013
Friday, March 22, 2013
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
The following items are required for Pre-Registration and Admission to the Fair:
- Philosophy Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Proof of ED-JOIN Registration (print profile)
- $25 Check or Money Order (Alumni Only)
Pre-registration is encouraged for this event to insure timely check in on the day of the Fair.
California State University, Fresno hosts a Teacher Recruitment Fair each year in the Spring. Districts from throughout California are invited to attend.
Candidates that are eligible to attend the fair are:
- Current Fresno State students (must show Student ID)
- Registered Fresno State alumni who have paid the $25 fee (must show registration card)
Note: Registered Fresno State Alumni who did not do Credential work at Fresno State will be designated by different color name tags and will be admitted to the fair after 10:00 a.m.
The Kremen School of Education and Human Development's Teacher Recruitment Fair is the major recruiting event of the year. Between 90 and 100 districts attend each year from all over the state of California.
** The following items should be handed out to every district with whom you plan to interview.
Three Letters of Recommendation
A list of School districts planning to attend will be e-mailed to current students and alumni. A hard copy will be available in the Education Student Services Center office.
Teacher Recruitment Fair Presentation:
On the Day of the Fair:
Bring multiple copies of your resume packet (items listed above) so that you have enough copies to give to prospective employers. YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN COPIES.
Pre-Registered candidates will begin checking-in at 9:00 a.m. Candidates wishing to register at the fair will check-in after all pre-registered candidates have entered. (between 9:15 and 9:30) Non-registered candidates must sign in and register with a volunteer in the lobby. Further instructions and information will be given there.
Candidates will need to sign up with the districts for interviews during the first 30 minutes of the fair. Plan to talk to representatives from several districts. If you arrive after the interviewing has begun please be courteous when signing up and do not disturb on going interviews.
REMEMBER THE APPROPRIATE DRESS FOR JOB INTERVIEWS!!!!
Many of your Supervisors and Education Faculty will be there to encourage you. Please do not hesitate to check with them throughout the day if questions arise.
See you at the Fair!
MAKING THE MOST OF A RECRUITMENT FAIR
Career Fairs are one-day events where employers and candidates meet one another. Personnel officers provide information about opportunities with their organizations. Some recruiters will screen and interview candidates during the fair. Candidates can identify and learn more about organizations that are actively hiring, pick up application forms, and in some cases, interview on-site. The fair offers a low-risk environment in which candidates can explore opportunities with a variety of employers from around the state.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
- Prepare your resume packet and have it critiqued by the Education Career Counselor.
- Review the list of attending school districts.
- Research the districts that interest you.
- Prioritize the employers you wish to contact.
- Write down the questions that you want to ask employers.
- Plan what you are going to wear.
- Relax. You are prepared for the event.
AT THE RECRUITMENT FAIR:
- Bring a good supply of resumes, as well as paper and a pen to write notes.
- Orient yourself to the facility.
- As you approach the employer’s table, respect other peoples’ privacy as they complete conversations.
- Establish eye contact, smile, introduce yourself and tell them why you are interested in their district.
- Ask for a business card from the administrators with whom you speak.
AFTER THE RECRUITMENT FAIR:
- Make notes. While the fair is still fresh in your mind, write down key names and information.
- Follow up with thank you letters. Don’t over look this courtesy. Your letter gives you another chance to state your interest and to remind the interviewer of your conversation.