Program Applications for Fall 2017 will be accepted from Monday, January 30, 2017
until 5pm on April 17, 2017.
Submit your completed program application to ED 100.
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Single Subject (Middle or High School)
Credential Program Application Process
University Admission Requirements
To apply, visit www.csumentor.edu. Refer to Financial Aid deadlines at http://www.fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/financialaid/
To complete your university application, you must send:
1. One set of official transcripts from each college attended, excluding Fresno State. (Failure to provide official transcripts to University Admissions will delay your program admission). Transcripts are not required if the most recent school you attended was Fresno State.
2. A $55.00 application fee to Fresno State.
Mail the above items to the following address: University Admissions–Graduate; 5150 N. Maple Ave., M/S JA 57; Fresno, CA 93740-8026.
Your university admission status may be checked at my.fresnostate.edu.
Program Admission Requirements
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university or senior status or 90 units toward graduation (with the exception of the Blended Degree Program)
- a GPA of 2.67 or higher overall or 2.75 or higher in the last 60 units
If you do not meet this requirement, you still have an opportunity for admission by completing an Admission Request Form and submitting it with your application.
All requirements are subject to change due to new legislative mandates.
Two Semester or Three Semester programs
- Single Subject - Agriculture
- Single Subject - Art
- Single Subject - Biological Science
- Single Subject - Business Preliminary
- Single Subject - Chemistry
- Single Subject - English
- Single Subject - French
- Single Subject - Geological Science
- Single Subject - Industrial Technology
- Single Subject - Mathematics
- Single Subject - Music
- Single Subject - Physical Education
- Single Subject - Physics
- Single Subject - Social Science
- Single Subject - Spanish
Admission Requirement Forms - All Forms
1. Program Application Form
2. Admission Interview Form
Contact your content area advisor for an initial interview to confirm your readiness to enter the credential program.
Please make sure to take a copy of your typed responses to the questions listed on the Admission Interview Form to your scheduled interview.
Submit your signedAdmission Interview Form and your responses with your program application.
The purpose of the 20 minute interview is to assist you in setting goals for your own professional development and to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate: verbal and written language skills, professional conduct, professional goals, and cultural awareness.
3. Advising Form
4. Medical Clearance Form
A Medical Clearance Form signed by the Fresno State Student Health Center, a private physician, or an appropriate health agency is required to verify a current TB skin test (within one year prior to application).
NOTE: Due to state mandated requirements we can only accept the signed Medical Clearance Form. No other medical reports can be submitted.
5. EHD 155A Application Form
Submit this form with your application if you choose to complete a two semester program and:
- Have met Subject Matter Competency
- Have taken and passed CI 149
Do not submit this form with your application if you:
- Have NOT met Subject Matter Competency
- Have NOT taken CI 149
- Choose to complete a three semester program
Once you have met all requirements to take EHD 155A, submit this form to the Education Student Services Center in the Kremen School, ED100.
Application for EHD 155A
Fill in the required information and obtain a signature from both your Academic Area Advisor and a Single Subject Advisor.
Admission Requirement Letters
6. Letters of Recommendation (two required)
Admission Requirement Verifications
7. Applied to Fresno State via CSUMentor
A university application is required if are applying to the credential program and:
- you have already completed a baccalaureate degree from Fresno State or other university.
- you are a first time Fresno State applicant.
A university application is NOT required if you are applying to the credential program and:
- you are a current Fresno State undergraduate entering the program as an undergraduate student.
- you are a current Fresno State post-baccalaureate entering the program as a post-baccalaureate student.
8. Basic Skills Requirement
Provide ONLY ONE of the following:
- Take all three subtests of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) and
submit verification of having passed CBEST (123) or at a minimum passing scores in Reading (41) and Writing (41). A passing score
will also be required in the Math (41) subset prior to Final Student Teaching.
- Verification of passing the College Board SAT English (500) and SAT Mathematics (550)
- Verification of passing the ACT English (22) and ACT Mathematics (23)
- Verification of passing the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET): Writing Skills exam and CSET: Multiple Subject exam
- Verification of a score of 3 or higher on the AP English Language and Composition or the AP English Literature and Composition Exam and a score of 3 or higher on the AP Calculus or Statistics Exam
- Original score report showing a score of “college ready” or “exempt” in the English and Math sections of the Early Assessment Program (EAP)
- Original score report showing a score of 50 on the Entry Level Math (ELM) exam and 151 on the English Placement Test (EPT)
- A combination of the scores from the EAP and the EPT/ELM as long as you have passed a section of the English and a section for Math
If you do not meet any of the above options, you still have an opportunity to apply by completing a Admission Request Form and submitting it with your application.
9. Certificate of Clearance
For instructions on obtaining a Certificate of Clearance, click on the Livescan/Certificate of Clearance Instructions.
The Certificate of Clearance is a document issued by the Commission to an individual who has completed the Commission's fingerprint;character and identification process, whose moral and professional fitness has been shown to meet the standards as established by law. The Certificate of Clearance is not related to obtaining a clear credential. The Certificate of Clearance provides no authorization to provide instruction or services in schools its sole purpose is to provide verification that the holder has completed a professional fitness review.
Period of Validity: Certificates of Clearance are valid for five years. Fingerprint information will be invalidated for individuals who have not held any other type of valid document for more than eighteen (18) months after the expiration date of a Certificate of Clearance. The fingerprint process will need to be repeated when individuals whose fingerprints have been invalidated subsequently apply for certification.
10. Subject Matter Competency
If you are completing your Subject Matter Competency by
- CSET subtests:
Provide a copy of passing scores* for all required academic area CSET subtests.
If you have not passed all required academic area subtests you still have an opportunity
to apply by completing an Admission Request Form and submitting it with your application.
Registration and test information may be obtained at www.cset.nesinc.com.
Your Academic Advisor will detail this on your EHD 155A application form.
*Scores are valid for five years.
11. Pre-Program Field Experience
Provide ONLY ONE of the following:
- Evidence that you have successfully completed EHD 50: Introduction to Teaching at Fresno State
- Evidence of successfully completing an equivalent course taken at another institution. For a list of equivalent courses, see the Pre-Program Field Experience Waiver Packet.
- Verification of Pre-Program Field Experience Waiver Packet along with required documentation.
- Verification of Pre-Program Field Experience Form