Program applications for Spring 2018 will be accepted from September 1 through October
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Multiple Subject (Elementary Teaching) Credential Program Application Process
To apply to the program, gather all applicable Items listed in 1-10 below and deliver to the Center for Advising and Student Services in the Kremen School,
University Admission Requirements
To apply, visit www.csumentor.edu. Refer to Financial Aid deadlines at http://www.fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/financialaid/
To complete your university application, you must send:
1. One set of official transcripts from each college attended, excluding Fresno State. (Failure to provide official transcripts to University Admissions will delay your program admission). Transcripts are not required if the most recent school you attended was Fresno State.
2. A $55.00 application fee to Fresno State.
Mail the above items to the following address: University Admissions–Graduate; 5150 N. Maple Ave., M/S JA 57; Fresno, CA 93740-8026.
Your university admission status may be checked at my.fresnostate.edu.
Program Admission Requirements
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university or senior status or 90 units toward graduation (with the exception of the Blended Degree Program)
- a GPA of 2.67 or higher overall or 2.75 or higher in the last 60 units
If you do not meet this requirement, you still have an opportunity for admission by completing a Special Consideration Form and submitting it with your application.
All requirements are subject to change due to new legislative mandates.
Full or part time students are welcome!
- Multiple Subject General Program
This program can also be taken with the following options:
-Bilingual Authorization Program (BAP) - Hmong or Spanish
-Fresno Unified Teacher Residency Program
-School Partnership Cohort Program
-Concurrently with Liberal Studies Degree Coursework
- Multiple Subject and Education Specialist (Dual) Program (Mild/Moderate or Moderate/Severe)
- Multiple Subject - Early Childhood Education (ECE) (Spring semester start only.)
- Dual ECE Program (MS, ECE, and SPED) (Mild/Moderate or Moderate/Severe) (Spring semester start only.)
- Multiple Subject-Deaf Education
Admission Requirement Forms - All Forms
1. Program Application
Complete the following sections on the program application:
- Student Information
- Program Information
- Field Placement
2. Admission Interview
You may sign up for an interview at the Kremen School of Education and Human Development building, Room 250 or call 559.278.0240.
Please bring your responses to the three questions listed on the Admission Interview Form, along with your completed form, to the interview.
Select the appropriate Advising Form for your program.
- Multiple Subject (Summer TRP Applicants)
- Multiple Subject (Summer Sanger and Fall 2017 Applicants)
- Multiple Subject - Early Childhood Education(ECE)(Spring)
- Multiple Subject and Education Specialist (Dual) Mild/Moderate Program
- Multiple Subject and Education Specialist (Dual) Moderate/Severe Program (Spring)
- Multiple Subject and Education Specialist (Dual) Moderate/Severe Program (Fall)
- (MS, ECE, SPED) Mild/Moderate ECE Program (Spring)
- (MS, ECE, SPED) Moderate/Severe ECE Program (Spring)
- Multiple Subject - Deaf Education
4. Subject Matter Proficiency
5. Medical Clearance
A Medical Clearance Form signed by the Fresno State Student Health Center, a private physician, or an appropriate health agency is required to verify a current TB skin test (within one year prior to application).
NOTE: Due to state mandated requirements we can only accept the signed Medical Clearance Form. No other medical reports can be submitted.
Admission Requirement Letters
6. Letters of Recommendation (two required)
Admission Requirement Verifications
7. Apply to Fresno State via Cal State Apply
A university application is required if are applying to the credential program and:
- you have already completed a baccalaureate degree from Fresno State or other university.
- you are a first time Fresno State applicant.
A university application is NOT required if you are applying to the credential program and:
- you are a current Fresno State undergraduate entering the program as an undergraduate student.
- you are a current Fresno State post-baccalaureate entering the program as a post-baccalaureate student.
8. Basic Skills Requirement
Provide ONLY ONE of the following:
- Take all three subtests of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) and
submit verification of having passed CBEST (123) or at a minimum passing scores in Reading (41) and Writing (41). A passing score
will also be required in the Math (41) subset prior to Final Student Teaching.
- Verification of passing the College Board SAT English (500) and SAT Mathematics (550)
- Verification of passing the ACT English (22) and ACT Mathematics (23)
- Verification of passing the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET): Writing Skills exam and CSET: Multiple Subject exam
- Verification of a score of 3 or higher on the AP English Language and Composition or the AP English Literature and Composition Exam and a score of 3 or higher on the AP Calculus or Statistics Exam
- Original score report showing a score of “college ready” or “exempt” in the English and Math sections of the Early Assessment Program (EAP)
- Original score report showing a score of 50 on the Entry Level Math (ELM) exam and 151 on the English Placement Test (EPT)
- A combination of the scores from the EAP and the EPT/ELM as long as you have passed a section of the English and a section for Math
9. Certificate of Clearance
For instructions on obtaining a Certificate of Clearance, click on the Livescan/Certificate of Clearance Instructions.
The Certificate of Clearance is a document issued by the Commission to an individual who has completed the Commission's fingerprint;character and identification process, whose moral and professional fitness has been shown to meet the standards as established by law. The Certificate of Clearance is not related to obtaining a clear credential. The Certificate of Clearance provides no authorization to provide instruction or services in schools its sole purpose is to provide verification that the holder has completed a professional fitness review.
Period of Validity: Certificates of Clearance are valid for five years. Fingerprint information will be invalidated for individuals who have not held any other type of valid document for more than eighteen (18) months after the expiration date of a Certificate of Clearance. The fingerprint process will need to be repeated when individuals whose fingerprints have been invalidated subsequently apply for certification.
10. Pre-Program Field Experience
Provide ONLY ONE of the following:
- Evidence that you have successfully completed EHD 50 at Fresno State or successfully
completed an equivalent course.
- Verification of Pre-Program Field Experience Waiver Packet along with required documentation. (3 units of credit is optional)
- Verification of Pre-Program Field Experience Form. (3 units of credit is not optional)