Credentialing and Certification
After completing your program or obtaining an Internship, you must apply for your teaching or services credential.
Submit a complete application packet to the Credential Analyst in the Kremen School, ED100. Do not send the Fresno State application directly to the CTC; you must apply through Fresno State.
- The Credential Analyst will process your application and send it online to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Please allow approximately 2-4 weeks for processing.
- You will be contacted by the CTC via email to answer questions and provide your payment.
- Once payment has been received, you will be sent a verification email. You may print this out as proof of applying for your credential and submit it to your County Office of Education or wait for your final email indicating that you have been credentialed.
- Within approximately 1-3 weeks of your payment verification you will receive a final email with your document number on it. Register this email with your County Office of Education. Once you have received the final email your official credential information will be available at: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/. Click on "Search for an Educator" then, "Secured Search".
- $25 Fresno State processing fee (money order/cashier's checks only)
- $72 CTC processing fee to be paid online (may be less if you have a fee credit for your Certificate of Clearance)
- Administrative Services Credential [PDF] CTC now requires 5 years of experience on a prerequisite credential as of 7/1/13. Contact the Credential Analyst, Sherri Nakashima at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Education Specialist (Mild/Moderate, DHH, Moderate/Severe, AAASD) [PDF]
- Internship [PDF] Additional applications are required for the Multiple Subject, Single Subject, or Education Specialist Internship Program. All applications are available on the Internship Program website at csufresno.edu/internship.
- Internship [PDF] Administrative Services or School Psychologist
- Multiple Subject [PDF]
- PPS (School Counseling and School Social Work)
- PPS (School Psychology)
- School Nurse Services [PDF]
- Single Subject [PDF]
- Specialist Instruction (Agriculture, ECE, Reading) [PDF]
- Speech Language Pathology Services: LSH [PDF]
Please contact the Credential Analyst, Sherri Nakashima at email@example.com for information regarding:
- Adding on authorizations to existing credentials
- Extension appeals on Intern, Preliminary or Level I credentials
- Out of state program verification form
Credential Information Links:
- Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC):
Website: www.ctc.ca.gov Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Credential Lookup on the CTC website: www.ctc.ca.gov
click on "Search for an Educator" and "Secured Search"
- NCLB Compliant Subject Matter Authorizations:
- Supplementary Authorizations:
Multiple Subject: www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl629.pdf
Single Subject: www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl603.pdf