Welcome to the Department of Viticulture and Enology
NEW! FACULTY POSITION VACANCY: Chair of the Department of Viticulture & Enology and Director of the Viticulture & Enology Research Center. Vacancy #12978 (7/20/16) Review of applications will begin September 19, 2016 and continue until the position is filled.
- To train the future leaders in viticulture and enology through education and research
- To conduct solution-driven research for the grape and wine industry
- To disseminate knowledge and information to the grape and wine industry, and community
Each year, over 150 viticulture and enology students take advantage of the extraordinary
opportunities that this one-of-a-kind program offers.
Our graduates can be found in leading grape and wine positions around the nation and world.
We are pleased to announce our 2016 Department of Viticulture and Enology Outstanding Student Achievers, and the Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology Dean's Medalists for 2016 - all of whom are Department of Viticulture and Enology graduates. Watch their video interviews below.
We are proud to announce that Lauren Barrett (2016 B.S. Enology) has been awarded a Vinifera EuroMaster scholarship and is pursuing her European Master of Science (M.Sc.) of Viticulture and Enology this fall in Montpellier, France.
Enology student Elizabeth Ramey has been named the 2016 ACIC Cork & Closures Award of Excellence Recipient. She travelled to Portugal this summer with ACIC representatives to learn more about the cork industry.
2016 Outstanding Student Video Links:
Click on the video links below and meet these outstanding students who will be recognized for their academic
excellence and achievements:
- Andrew Beebe, M.S. Viticulture & Enology: 2016 Department of Viticulture and Enology Outstanding Graduate Student Achiever, and 2016 Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology Graduate Dean's Medalist
- Kelli Williamson, B.S. Enology, Food Science: 2016 Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology Undergraduate Dean's Medalist
- Juliann Bethke, B.S. Enology: 2016 Department of Viticulture and Enology Outstanding Undergraduate Student Achiever
Learn More About Us
Click here to view the 2015 Welcome Back Student Orientation presentation. (pdf 14.1 MB)
Click here to view the photo presentation shown at Vincent Petrucci's 90th birthday celebration on June 27. (Large pdf file 38.3M)Check out this video about the V. E. Petrucci Library!