The Ag One Foundation is the primary source for scholarships for students in the Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology. Since its founding in 1979, the foundation has raised approximately $19.5 million in endowed funds, from which is has awarded some 3,700 students with more than $2.7 million in scholarships, grants, and program support. In this academic year Ag One aims to provide approximately $600,000 to deserving students and programs. Ag One Foundation scholarship funds are granted through the general University Scholarships program maintained by the Division of Student Affairs. For application information, visit the University Scholarships website at http://www.fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/financialaid/scholarships/
Many other forms of financial aid, including scholarships, are available through Fresno State and outside sources. For more information and directions for applying, visit the Financial Matters section of Fresno State's Division of Student Affairs.
The Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of California State University,
Fresno is pleased to announce the offering of two (2) prestigious Jordan Harvey Graduate Awards to highly qualified students entering Master of Science (M.S.) programs in the College of Agriculture. These awards provide $18,500 per year for two years. Funding may consist of scholarship and/or assistantship money, based on the candidate’s
qualifications and eligibility. Jordan Harvey recipients are expected to provide teaching
and/or research support to their major adviser.
Applicants must be entering their first fall semester in Jordan College M.S. programs (Agricultural Sciences, Plant Science, or Industrial Technology). This includes students beginning in Fall 2021, or those who began in Spring 2022. Information will be forthcoming - please continue to watch for updates later this year.
- Agricultural major (or other related undergraduate degree)
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Research experience
- Have identified a faculty member and potential area of research
- Completed the university’s graduate admission process (domestic or international). Visit Division of Research and Graduate Studies for information and https://www2.calstate.edu/apply to apply.
Application Materials – Materials are submitted to the Department
- Cover letter indicating your interest and reason for applying for this award
- Official GRE scores (and TOEFL, if required)
- All college transcripts
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Statement of proposed research (maximum 2 pages)
- 2 letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals who can comment on research or independent work skills, and academics
- Letter of support from the faculty member with whom applicant will conduct thesis research
To be given full consideration, materials should be submitted to the respective department TBA. Graduate Coordinators must forward application packages for eligible students with a memo of support to the Jordan College selection committee by TBA. Awards will be announced no later than TBA and candidates must accept or reject their award by TBA.
Students should contact the Graduate Coordinator of the Program in which they seek admission. They are:
- Agricultural Sciences: Dr. Amanda McKeith (email@example.com, 559-278-4331)
- Industrial Technology: Dr. Arun Nambiar (firstname.lastname@example.org, 559-278-1443
- Plant Science: Dr. Sharon Benes (email@example.com or 559-278-2255)