The Ag One Foundation is the primary source for scholarships for students in the Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology. Since its founding in 1979, the foundation has raised approximately $16 million in endowed funds, from which is has awarded some 3,250 students with more than $2.3 million in scholarships, grants, and program support. In this academic year Ag One aims to provide approximately $500,000 to deserving students and programs. Ag One Foundation scholarship funds are granted through the general University Scholarships program maintained by the Division of Student Affairs. For application information, visit the University Scholarships website at www.fresnostate.edu/scholarships/
Many other forms of financial aid, including scholarships, are available through Fresno State and outside sources. For more information and directions for applying, visit the Financial Matters section of Fresno State's Division of Student Affairs.
HARVEY SCHOLARSHIP – JORDAN ASSISTANTSHIP GRADUATE AWARDS
The Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences & Technology (JCAST) of California State University, Fresno is pleased to announce the offering of three prestigious Harvey Scholarship-Jordan Assistantship awards to highly qualified students entering Master of Science (M.S.) programs in the College of Agriculture. These awards provide $18,500 per year for two years. Funding may consist of scholarship and/or assistantship money, based on the candidate’s qualifications and eligibility. Harvey Scholars are expected to attend the college seminar series on a weekly basis and provide teaching and/or research support to their major adviser.
Applicants must be entering their first fall semester in JCAST M.S. programs (Plant Science, Food Science & Nutrition, Viticulture & Enology, Animal Science, or Industrial Technology). This includes students beginning in Fall 2015, or those who began in Spring 2015.
- Agricultural major (or other related undergraduate degree)
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Research experience
- Have identified a faculty member and potential area of research
- Completed the university’s graduate admission process (domestic or international). Visithttp://www.csufresno.edu/gradstudies/admission/criteria.shtml for information and http://www.csumentor.edu/ to apply.
Application Materials- Submit to the Department a packet containing the following Materials
- Cover letter indicating your interest and reason for applying for this fellowship Official GRE scores (and TOEFL, if required)
- All college transcripts
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Statement of proposed research (approx. 2 pages)
- 2 letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals who can comment on research or independent work skills, and academics Letter of support from the faculty member with whom applicant will conduct thesis research
To be given full consideration, materials must be submitted to the respective department by January 26, 2015. Graduate Coordinators must forward application packages for eligible students with a memo of support to the JCAST selection committee by February 9, 2015. Awards will be announced no later than March 2, 2015.
Dr. Sharon Benes, Graduate Coordinator
Department of Plant Science,
California State University, Fresno
2415 E. San Ramon Ave., M/S AS72
Fresno, California, 93740-8033
Tel: (559) 278-2255
2015 Caners Foundation Endowment for Research and Scholarhip is available. Deadline for RECEIPT of scholarship applications: MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2015. www.cangc.org If questions, please contact Chris Zanobini at email@example.com