Admission will be based on consideration of the following:
- Official GRE score: suggested minimum of 152 verbal, 147 Quantitative and 3.0 analytical writing, sent to the university by ETS.
- Grade point average (GPA) for the last 60 units: minimum 2.75
- TOEFL score: for those required to take this exam, score of 80 (internet-based exam).
- Official college transcript verifying completion of prerequisite courses and conferral of the bachelor's degree
- Three letters of reference
- Statement of research interest- please identify specific research interests within the field of Plant Science.
Identification of a potential area of specialization for thesis research is highly encouraged.
Applicants are encouraged to communicate with the professor most closely associated with their area of focus:
or contact the Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Sharon Benes (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding potential research areas.To begin the application process, visit https://www2.calstate.edu/apply