The V.E. Petrucci Library has existed in some form within the viticulture and enology programs since their founding in 1948.
Professor Vincent Petrucci with student library assistant Penny Sue Adams
Barbara Collar in the library prior to the construction of the VERC extension and the two-room annex endowed by the Vitculture and Enology Alumni Association (circa 1985- 1990)
Officially endowed by the California State University, Fresno, Viticulture and Enology Alumni Association in 1996, the V.E. Petrucci Library then hired its first professional librarian. A two-room annex off the Viticulture building lobby, the original library was constructed during the second phase of the viticulture building campaign from 1992- 1994.
The new shelving in the V.E. Petrucci Library. The library has been updated to support industry, research, and the needs of 21st Century learners.
In 2013, in response to growing patron traffic, the library was relocated to a larger three-room suite in the former administrative area of the VERC building. Facilities now include a main library housing monograph and periodical stacks, the reference desk, two student computers, and lounge seating; a study room available for private check out; and special collections room housing an additional student computer, a printer/scanner, and historic grape and wine periodicals and monographs.