2022 Jordan College Commencement
On Friday, May 20, 2022, the Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology is proud to honor over 500 graduating students at its 52nd Annual Commencement Ceremony.
Convocation starts promptly at 2:45 p.m. at the Save Mart Center (2650 E. Shaw Ave).
No tickets are required, and parking restrictions on the north side of the facility will be relaxed.
Guests are encouraged to arrive at least 45 minutes early since each entrance will have a security checkpoint.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to participate and can email Dean's Office staff member Allyson Baldus (email@example.com) or Save Mart Center Patron Services in advance (559.347.3400). On the day of the event, they can contact Fresno State Police (559.278.3402).
EVENT DAY TIMELINE
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. - Ag One pre-event reception (*free) for Jordan College students, families,
faculty, and staff at Conley Art East Lawn Area (5225 N Backer Ave, next to parking
- 2:15 p.m. - Save Mart Center doors open for guests to enter. Parking with be tight,
and guests are encouraged to carpool.
- 2:15 p.m. - Graduates arrive on the lower loading dock / northeast corner of Save
Mart Center off Chestnut Ave. (volunteers will direct students).
* Students are asked NOT to wear their regalia and have gowns and caps in hand (to expedite security check flow). Students should only bring the bare essentials (phone, keys) and wear comfortable, stable shoes (since ramps and steps are steep and sometimes uneven). There will be lots of walking and standing.
- 2:45 p.m. - Processional starts promptly (graduates will be seated on floor by academic
- 3 p.m. - Ceremony begins
- 4:15 p.m. - Ceremony ends (students will be directed to exit to the west side of the Save Mart Center, and can meet their families on the lawn on the south side of the facility next to Shaw Ave.).
- Students are encouraged to tag us with their graduation-related posts at @fsjordancollege on Instagram and Twitter (and JCASTFresnoState on Facebook). Using the hashtag #FresnoStateGrad may also share their posts on the celebratory stream on the Fresno State university graduation page.
* FAQ - GRADUATES (Updated 5/18)
- Graduates need to fill out their official name cards form by Thursday, May 19.
- Photo information cards from the licensed event photographer ( www.Flashphotography.com ) will be distributed at the bottom of the Save Mart Center lower loading dock/walkway as graduates arrive (and will have details about viewing and ordering photos after the ceremony).
- Upon arrival at the Save Mart Center, graduates can pick up their College-prepared official name card (based on their online submission), which they will later hand to a staff member as they walk up the stairs to the stage during the event.
- Before the event, students will wait by department in the basement hallways on the north side (Agricultural Business, Food Science and Nutrition, Plant Science) and south side (Animal Sciences and Agricultural Education, Industrial Technology, Viticulture and Enology). The processionals will start on the west side of the arena and move eastward to corresponding seats on the floor on the north and south sides (and grouped by department).
- Tassels should be on the right side for undergraduates (until directed to switch sides by the President at the end of the ceremony). Graduate students should already have tassels on the left side as they approach the stairs for their hooding ceremony.
- Special honorees will be recognized for the Jordan College Dean's Undergraduate and Graduate Medalists, Outstanding Thesis and Project, Honors Cohort Scholars, and Student Achiever Awards.
- Dean Nef will hand a paper scroll to each student as they walk across the stage after their name is called (handshakes are not permitted by university policy due to health guidelines). Photos will be taken by licensed www.FlashPhotography.com photographers while on stage.
- Seating and faculty congratulatory/receiving line exchanges (after exiting the stage) will be socially distanced for pandemic health considerations, and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Students who appear to be under the influence WILL BE REMOVED from the event and will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- Save Mart Center security staff and the police department will be in attendance to handle misconduct that disturbs the event for students, family, and guests.
* FAQ - GUESTS / GENERAL INFO (Updated 5/18)
- Commencement is an alcohol- and drug-free event, and smoke, vapor, and tobacco products are also prohibited.
- Parents and guests are encouraged to sit on the side corresponding to their graduate's academic department: north side (Agricultural Business, Food Science and Nutrition, Plant Science) / south side (Animal Sciences and Agricultural Education, Industrial Technology, Viticulture and Enology). Seating is first come, first served, and saving large quantities of seats is not permitted.
- The Save Mart Center has a small, clear bag policy. Guests can only bring items inside in clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags (more info) that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12". Exceptions will be made for necessary medical items, which are subject to inspection. Diaper bags are allowed with the presence of an infant/toddler.
- Balloons, confetti, backpacks, strollers, outside food / drinks / cans / bottles / containers / coolers, fireworks, laser pointers, and air horns ARE PROHIBITED (complete list of Save Mart Center prohibited items).
- The Save Mart Center has designated handicapped seating, as well as a designated seating area for hearing impaired and visually impaired guests (only one family member can be seated with the person requiring special accommodations due to space limitations). Save Mart Center staff will be available in the main lobby for directions to designated areas.
- Handheld banners and signs are permitted at Save Mart Center provided they are no larger than 2′ x 3′ and are in good taste as determined by facility management. Signs may not utilize wood, metal, or similar types of materials for support. Banners and signs may not be affixed or hung anywhere in the facility or displayed in a manner that obstructs guests’ views of the event or facility advertising signage.
- Family and student guests are not allowed on the arena floor at any time (only graduates, faculty and event staff).
COVID-19 / HEALTH EVENT GUIDELINES
- Any guest or graduate who is not feeling well should not attend any commencement ceremony or graduation celebration.
- Effective April 1, 2022, the California Department of Public Health strongly recommends that all persons, regardless of vaccination status, continue to wear a well-fitting mask (like a KN-95 mask) while in indoor public settings and businesses.
- The Save Mart Center will not require proof of vaccination or negative COVID test upon entry to the arena (Save Mart Center COVID-19 and Security Protocols).
- All visitors to campus are asked to fill out the daily health screening questionnaire when they arrive at Fresno State. If the screening questionnaire results in the guest receiving a red X, the guest should not attend the event.
- The University continues to adhere to state and local public health guidelines, and should conditions change, it may be necessary to alter these plans.
OTHER GRADUATION EVENTS
Friday May 20
- 8 to 9:30 a.m. — Craig School of Business (Info / Livestream)
- 10:15 to 11:45 a.m. — College of Social Sciences (Info / Livestream)
- 12:30 to 2 p.m. — College of Arts and Humanities (Info / Livestream)
- 2:45 to 4:15 p.m. — Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (Info / Livestream)
- 5 to 6:30 p.m. — College of Science and Mathematics (Info / Livestream)
- 7:15 to 8:45 p.m. — Kremen School of Education and Human Development (Info / Livestream)
Saturday, May 21
- Noon to 1:15 p.m. — International Convocation, Satellite Student Union
- 12:30 to 2 p.m. — Asian American and Pacific Islander Graduation Celebration, Save Mart Center (Livestream)
- 3 to 4:45 p.m. — African American Student Recognition Ceremony, Save Mart Center (Livestream)
- 4:30 p.m. — American Indian Graduation Honor Ceremony, Satellite Student Union
- 5 to 6 p.m. — Rainbow Graduation Celebration, Peters Educational Center
- 7 to 9:30 p.m. — Chicano/Latino Commencement Celebration, Save Mart Center (Livestream)
- Press release about University graduation ceremonies (HTML)
- Official campus graduation website (HTML)
- Campus map (HTML / PDF)
- Save Mart Center parking information (HTML)
- Save Mart Center entry requirements (HTML)
- Campus event accessibility information (PDF students / guests)
- Save Mart Center accessibility general information (HTML)
- Fresno State campus accessibility general information (HTML)