Private Consultant, International Agribusiness Development and
Senior Research Economist, Institute for Food and Agriculture, California State University, Fresno.
- Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, 1990 Purdue University
- M.A., Economics, 1982 The Pennsylvania State University
- B.A., Economics, 1979 University of Maryland
- Le Certificat de Langue Francaise, 1974 Universite de Paris, a la Sorbonne
1998-present, Private Consultant, International Agribusiness
Development and Policy Analysis, Senior Research Economist, Center
for Agricultural Business, California State University, Fresno.
1992-1997, Trade Policy and Projection Unit, Commodities and Trade Division (ESC), Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Rome, Italy.
1990-1991, Private Consultant, Basic Commodity Unit, ESC, FAO, Rome, Italy.
1985-1990, Dept. of Economics, Purdue University. Graduate Research Assistant.
1981-1983, The Penn. State Univ. Graduate Teaching Assistant.
- Yamazaki, F. Trade Needs Assessment, Agri-Sector
Policy and Public Administration Reform Project, Trinidad
Agricultural Sector Reform Program, The Texas A&M University
International Trade and Development Series, ITDS-TASRP Assessment
Report 01.00-0.12, February 2001.
- Findley, D, F. Yamazaki, J. Nagy and J. Armstrong. Agriculture Data Need Assessment , Agri-Sector Policy and Public Administration Reform Project, Trinidad Agricultural Sector Reform Program, The Texas A&M University International Trade and Development Series, ITDS-TASRP Assessment Report 00.00-8.19, December 2000.
- Paggi, M. and F. Yamazaki. Azerbaijan Agricultural Sector: Domestic Markets & Export Opportunities , Prepared for Land O Lakes Inc., September 2000.
- Newman, M. and F. Yamazaki. Mid-East, COMESA and EU Markets for Target Egyptian Exports , Prepared for Abt Associates Inc., USAID/Egypt, February 2000.
- Newman, M., F. Yamazaki, A.R. Bhuyan, M. Fatmi, and S. Zaman. Trade Liberalization,
Economic Growth and Food Security: An Example from Bangladesh, Agricultural Policy Analysis Project, Phase III. USAID Research Report No. 1071, May 1999.
- Newman, M. and F. Yamazaki. European Union Markets for Egyptian Processed Food Products: Findings of a Rapid Industry Analysis of Trade, Market Trends and Opportunities, Volume I, USAID/Egypt RP 0264, May 1999.