Bulldog BBQ BootcampJune 12-14, 2019 Fresno State Meat Science Lab Jordan Agricultural Research Center
Overview:This workshop allows you to explore barbecuing from conception to consumption. Here you will get hands-on demonstrations, carcass fabrication, competition BBQ tips and much more! We are pleased to be partnering with a wonderful chef to host this workshops. Our workshop features hands-on demonstrations in brisket, chicken, pork, sausage, tri- tip, sauces and dry rubs.
Partners:We are pleased to be partnering with a wonderful chef to host this workshops.
Why you should attend:Our workshop features hands-on demonstrations in brisket, chicken, pork, sausage, tri-tip, sauces and dry rubs.
For more information contact:Dr. John Henson at 559.278.3921 or Dr. Amanda McKeith at 559.728.4331
HTST Pasteurization WorkshopAugust 14-15, 2019 Fresno State University, Fresno, CA
Overview:This two-day Pasteurization Workshop gives participants an overview of the concepts of pasteurization including the time, temperature and pressure relationships of the system. This course covers the individual component’s design and function, fail-safe features, regulatory requirements, sanitation considerations and system integrity issues.
Partners:We are pleased to be partnering with Quality Chek'd and Eurofin to host this workshop.
Why You Should Attend:Our workshop in High Temperature Short Time (HTST) Pasteurization will teach you:
- Basic Dairy chemistry and microbiology as it relates to pasteurization
- History of pasteurization and common methods of pasteurization
- The theory and function of an HTST system and its individual components
- Legal controls and their requirements.
- HACCP & Food Safety criteria relating to the Critical Control Point
- Sanitation basics and cleaning of an HTST system
- Auxiliary equipment including homogenization and separation
Registration Fee (includes parking pass, course materials, am/pm snacks, lunch):
- $750 per person*;
- $100 discount if two or more attendees register from the same plant;
- Sign up deadline is July 31, 2019 (*After the deadline, the rate is $800 per person)
- Registration link and flyer (coming soon)
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals in Quality Control/Food Safety
- Operations Management/Plant Superintendents
- HTST Operators | Plant Engineers
- Dairy Consultants
- Individuals with Food Safety oversight and responsibility
- Chuck Yarris - Quality & Food Safety Director, Dairy Learning Center
- Dr. Steven Pao, Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Fresno State University
- Dr. Erin Dormedy, Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Fresno State University
- Dr. Carmen Lincon-Cano, Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Fresno State University
- Plus Regional/Local Equipment Specialists