HARVEY SCHOLARSHIP – JORDAN ASSISTANTSHIP GRADUATE AWARDS
The Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences & Technology (JCAST) of California State University, Fresno is pleased to announce the offering of three prestigious Harvey Scholarship-Jordan Assistantship awards to highly qualified students entering Master of Science (M.S.) programs in the College of Agriculture. These awards provide $18,500 per year for two years. Funding may consist of scholarship and/or assistantship money, based on the candidate’s qualifications and eligibility. Harvey Scholars are expected to attend the college seminar series on a weekly basis and provide teaching and/or research support to their major adviser.
Applicants must be entering their first fall semester in JCAST M.S. programs (Plant Science, Food Science & Nutrition, Viticulture & Enology, Animal Science, or Industrial Technology). This includes students beginning in Fall 2014, or those who began in Spring 2014.
- Agricultural major (or other related undergraduate degree)
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Research experience
- Have identified a faculty member and potential area of research
- Completed the university’s graduate admission process (domestic or international). Visit http://www.csufresno.edu/gradstudies/admission/criteria.shtml for information and http://www.csumentor.edu/ to apply.
Application Materials- Submit to the Department a packet containing the following Materials
- Cover letter indicating your interest and reason for applying for this fellowship Official GRE scores (and TOEFL, if required)
- All college transcripts
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Statement of proposed research (approx. 2 pages)
- 2 letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals who can comment on research or independent work skills, and academics Letter of support from the faculty member with whom applicant will conduct thesis research
To be given full consideration, materials must be submitted to the respective department by January 7, 2014. Graduate Coordinators must forward application packages for eligible students with a memo of support to the JCAST selection committee by January 27, 2014. Awards will be announced no later than February 28, 2014.
Students should contact the Graduate Coordinator of the Program in which they seek admission. They are:
- Animal Science: Dr. Art Parham (firstname.lastname@example.org, 559-278-5623)
- Food Science & Nutrition: Dr. Erin Dormedy (email@example.com, 559-278-8321)
- Industrial Technology: Dr. Arun Nambiar (firstname.lastname@example.org, 559-278-1443)
- Plant Science: Dr. Sharon Benes (email@example.com or 559-278-2255)
- Viticulture & Enology: Dr. Kaan Kurtural (firstname.lastname@example.org, 559-278-2414)