Jordan and Harvey Graduate Awards
The Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of California State University, Fresno is pleased to announce the offering of two graduate scholarships annually to highly qualified students entering one of our Master of Science (M.S.) programs. If awarded both scholarships, students will receive $18,500 per year for two years. The number of awards made annually varies based on available funds. Depending on the student’s qualifications, funding may consist of scholarship and/or assistantship support. Jordan and Harvey Award recipients are expected to provide teaching and/or research support to their major adviser.
Applicants must be entering their first fall semester in Jordan College M.S. programs (Plant Science, Viticulture & Enology, Animal Science, or Industrial Technology).
- Agricultural major (or other related undergraduate degree)
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Research experience
- Have identified a faculty member and potential area of research
- Completed the university’s graduate admission process (domestic or international). Visit http://www.csufresno.edu/gradstudies/admission/criteria.shtml for information and http://www.csumentor.edu/ to apply.
Application Materials – Materials are submitted to the Department
- Cover letter indicating your interest and reason for applying for this award
- Official GRE scores (and TOEFL, if required)
- All college transcripts
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Statement of proposed research (maximum 2 pages)
- 2 letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals who can comment on research or independent work skills, and academics
- Letter of support from the faculty member with whom applicant will conduct thesis research
The application deadline for 2018-19 has passed and awards will be announced by March 1, 2018.
Generally, the call for applications is in early December with appications due in
Students should contact the Graduate Coordinator of the Program in which they seek admission. They are:
- Animal Science: Dr. Amanda McKeith (email@example.com, 559-278-4331)
- Food Science & Nutrition: Dr. Erin Dormedy (firstname.lastname@example.org, 559-278-8321)
- Industrial Technology: Dr. Arun Nambiar (email@example.com, 559-278-1443)
- Plant Science: Dr. Sharon Benes (firstname.lastname@example.org or 559-278-2255)
- Viticulture & Enology: Dr. Kathie Reid-Bevington (email@example.com, 559-278-2061)