Types of Funding
-There are two types of ARI funding available:
1) System Competitive Research Funding
The ARI annually allocates $800,000 in support of a multi-campus shared pool of competitive research funding for research of statewide significance. This funding is restricted to public domain projects.
- Proposals may be submitted by all qualified faculty and research scientists from member or affiliate campuses (CSU Monterey Bay and Humboldt State).
- System funding is to be utilized to fund research of statewide significance.
- The minimum funding request is $75,000 per year, the maximum funding request is $150,000 per year.
- 1:1 match funding is required of which at least 50% must be cash match.
- Collaboration is required
- Pre-proposals are required
2) Campus Competitive Funding
The ARI annually allocates $2.66 million to be dispersed by ARI Administration among the four CSU colleges of agriculture in support of individual intra-campus competitive applied agricultural research. Individual campus funding allocations are made specifically for addressing unique local and/or regional project activities. This funding is restricted to public domain projects.
Fresno State Campus Funding (Campus competitive funding)
- Proposals may be submitted by all qualified Fresno State campus faculty and research scientists.
- Campus funding is to be used to fund a research that addresses local, regional, or statewide priority issues.
- There is no minimum campus proposal funding request limitation however funding requests may not exceed $150,000 annually. Awards are generally $75,000 or less per year.
- 1:1 match funding is required of which at least 25% must be cash match.
- Collaboration is not required.
- Pre-proposals are not required.
- Seed funding for Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology faculty is available for up to $10,000 at the discretion of the Dean of the Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology. Match funding for seed grants is not required.