Arranging a Tour
Call the Agriculture Ambassadors at (559) 278-5088, to set up a time and date for a tour. All tours are dependent upon Ambassador & Unit availability. Ambassador tours are offered to high school and community college students interested in learning about opportunities available to students at Fresno State. For farm tours designed for elementary school children and the public, call (559) 278-4025.
Animal Sciences Laboratory
- Beef Unit, Sheep Unit, Horse Unit, Swine Unit, Dairy Unit (Walking tours can be specialized to students' interests.)
- Dairy Processing Facility
- Meat Technology Laboratory
Food Science Laboratory
- Food Science Development Laboratory, Sensory Laboratory
Plant Science Laboratory
- Tree Fruit Laboratory, Field and Vegetable Crops Laboratory (All Driving)
- Ornamental Horticulture Unit: Nursery & Greenhouses, Floral Laboratory & Tissue Culture Laboratory.
Viticulture & Enology Laboratory
- Vineyard Laboratory, Winery & Raisin Processing (Must be 21 to enter the winery).
**Tours of some of the labs must be arranged according to its schedule. For instance, the Meats Lab is open for tours on days when they are not processing and when an inspector is on site.
Arranging a Visit
Call the Ag Ambassadors at (559) 278-5088 to set up a time and date for a tour, dependent upon Ambassador availability. Visits are offered to high schools and community colleges interested in learning about the opportunities Fresno State has to offer.