Outdoor Wireless Access Expanded
Technology Services recently completed an outdoor wireless project, creating 22 access points across campus (see list below). Faculty, staff, and students are now able to access outdoor wireless in a variety of locations and will greatly benefit from the options provided by this new service.
Whether checking email on a nice day or enjoying your online class outdoors, our hope is to enhance the experiences in teaching and learning for our students, faculty, and staff.
- Peace Garden
- Open Spaces in Student Housing
- Memorial Fountain
- Rose Garden
- Maple Mall
- Science II Building [open space]
- Plaza Area south of the USU
Connecting to the ‘eduroam’ Wireless Service
Configuration Instructions by device type; choose the device you need to set up for wireless
Creating a "One-day" Guest Account
Fresno State guests can create a temporary "one-day" wi-fi account to use while on campus.
- On your device, select Bulldogs from the available Fresno State wi-fi networks.
- Open a web browser and the authentication page will appear. If the authentication
page does not appear, enter a common URL in the address bar and press Enter on your keyboard. The authentication page will appear afterwards.
- Click on the "Need to register as a guest?" link located on the authentication page.
- Fill out the request form. Be sure to include a valid cell phone number.
- Click the Register button.
- A text message with the account information is sent to the specified cell phone number.
- Return to the Bulldogs authentication page and enter the username and password information received to log in.
If you are disconnected from the Internet during your visit, simply re-enter the credentials to access the campus wi-fi network. Please note - the credentials only last for 24 hours. If you return to campus the next day, you will need to create new credentials by following the steps listed above.
Acceptable Use of Eduroam
The use of Eduroam is governed by:
For guests to Fresno State, the Appropriate/Acceptable Use policy of your home organization also applies.
Eduroam policy requires users of the service to either by over 18 years of age or have consent from a parent or guardian to use non-filtered Internet access.
Login information is recorded by Fresno State and your home organization.
Connecting to ‘fresnostate’ Wireless Service
- Connect to any network with public Internet access. ('bulldogs' wifi, 3G/4G cellular, Ethernet, etc)
- Open a web browser and copy this link: https://cloud.securew2.com/public/78509/fresnostate/
- The service should detect your operating system; enter your Fresno State username and email password instead of using the computer login credentials; Click on Join Now and follow the steps indicated.