The Lyles College of Engineering offers numerous scholarships to both incoming and continuing students. In addition to these scholarships, students may also apply for scholarships offered by many companies and engineering and construction management professional organizations.
Applications should be submitted online via the Scholarship Office website.
The deadline for submitting scholarship Applications is January 11, 2017.
Lyles College of Engineering Honors Scholarship
The Lyles College of Engineering Honors Scholarships are awarded to students who gain admission into the Lyles College of Engineering’s (LCOE) Honors Program. The LCOE Honors Program emphasizes academic excellence, leadership, service, global perspective, entrepreneurship and innovation.
An Honors Scholarship covers full in-state tuition and fees, renewable annually based
on academic performance, for four-years for entering freshmen and two-years for transfer
Scholarship recipients will have access to individualized learning options, research projects, interaction with industry leaders and opportunities for internships and hands-on learning. Minimum general requirements for consideration for Honors Scholarships are:
High School (Meet at least 2):
- 1200 (27) Minimum Composite SAT (ACT) Score
- 3.80/4.00 Minimum Un-weighted GPA
- Ranked in Top 15% of Graduating Class.
- 3.8/4.00 Minimum Un-wieghted GPA
While the requirements are generally accepted as the minimum, should you believe that your work and abilities merit our consideration, you should apply and provide adequate documentation.
Valley Robotics Initiative Engineering Scholarship
The Valley Robotics Initiative Engineering Scholarship is a recognition of an applicant’s academic excellence and active involvement in the For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST) Robotics in high school. Applicants for this scholarship can either be high school seniors or transfer students from community colleges. The scholarship covers full tuition and fees for eight semesters for first time freshmen recipients and four semesters for transfer student recipients.
Each recipient shall meet the following criteria:
- Have represented to Fresno State LCOE that he/she has had active involvement in the For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST) Robotics in High School
- Have represented to the Fresno State LCOE that he/she intends to maintain involvement in FIRST Robotics
- Have graduated from a high school or community college located within Fresno, Madera, Merced, Mariposa, Kings, Tulare or Kern County.
- Minimum GPA for first time freshmen applicants is 3.6 (on a four-point scale); minimum GPA for transfer applicants is 3.25 (on a four-point scale)
All applicants will also be considered for admission to the Lyles College Honors Program if they meet the minimum requirements of the Honors Program.
The Lyles Legacy Scholarships
The Lyles Legacy Scholarships are scholarships of up to a total of $10,000 for entering freshmen and up to $6,000 for entering transfer students, renewable annually based on academic performance. Applicants shall be residents of one of the following counties: Fresno, Kings, Kern, Merced, Madera, Tulare, and Stanislaus.
Other College & University Scholarships
The Lyles College of Engineering offers additional scholarships each year. Apply via the University's scholarship page here.