Why is college important?
- Many jobs require a college degree
- College graduates earn more on average than those who aren't college graduates
- College will expose you to new opportunities and cultures
- College can help you prepare for the "real world"
Even if you're not a senior, it is important to start thinking about your path to college.
How can you get ready? Colleges, consider a variety of factors when making admissions decisions, including:
- Classes you took in high school
- Test scores
- Extracurricular activities
- Life experiences
Many of these things are affected by things that happen before your senior year. To help you keep track of everything, start an individual Academic Plan. CaliforniaColleges.edu can help you do this online. The earlier you start planning for college, the more information about the new admissions requirements for the class of 2016 and beyond.
Find out about the FASFA! If you are planning to enroll in college in the Fall of 2016, the priority deadline to complete the FASFA is from Janaury 1, 2016 and March 2, 2016