Office: Engineering East 294
Phone: (559) 278-0291
Mailing Address: 2320 E. San Ramon Ave., MS/EE 94, Fresno, CA 93740-8030
- PhD, Solar Cells, MERI, Sheffield Hallam Univ. , England, UK, 2013
- M.Phil, Solar Power Electronics, Brunel Univ., London, England, UK, 1997
- B.Eng, Mechanical Engineering, Univ, of Leicester, England, UK, 1993
- Asst. Professor, Mech. Eng. (Aug. 2013-Present) California State Univ, Fresno
- Assoc. Lecturer, School of Eng. (Jan 2010-May 2013) Sheffield Hallam Univ., UK
- Teaching Assistant, Dept of Eng. (1995-1997) Brunel Univ., London, England, UK
- Project, IT, and Business Consultant (Nov. 2002-Nov. 2009) PL Force Ltd. Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
- Site Engineer (Jan. 1998-Nov. 2002) SCC Ltd., City, London, England, UK
- Minimization of energy and cost by utilizing solar energy (thermal and PV) solutions.
- Energy literacy for poverty alleviation.
- Designing and optimizing of solar power plants (thermal and PV).
- Thermal and chemical recycling of crystalline PV panels.
- Design of alternative energy systems, reduction of carbon foot print and life cycle analysis.
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Solar powered agricultural and other applications.
- Solar electric vehicles.
Research and Community Projects:
- Fabrication of low-cost thin film solar cells
- Hybrid (PV/T) solar panels
- Solar powered automated transportation network with The International Institute of Sustainable Transportation and San Jose State University.
- Advisor to Tiny House competition, Fresno State student team
- Advisor to Sundogs Solar Energy Club
Selected Publications and Presentations:
N.A. Abdul-Manaf, A.R. Weerasinghe, O.K. Echendu and I.M. Dharmadasa, "Electro-plating and characterisation of Cadmium Sulphide thin films using Ammonium Thiosulphate as the sulphur source," Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, January 2015, 26 (4), 2418-2429
O.K. Echendu, F. Fauzi, A.R. Weerasinghe, and I.M. Dharmadasa, "High short-circuit current density CdTe solar cells using all-electrodeposited semiconductors," Thin Solid Films, Volume 556, 1 April 2014, Pages 529–534
O.K. Echendu, A.R. Weerasinghe, D.G. Diso and I.M. Dharmadasa, "Characterization of n-type and p-type ZnS thin layers grown by an electrochemical method," Journal of Electrochemical Society, April 2013, Vol 42, Issue 4, pp 692-700
I.M. Dharmadasa, D.G. Diso and A.R. Weerasinghe, "Nano-rod nature of CdS window materials used in thin film solar cells." J of Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells (submitted to Nano Letter, September 2012).
O.K. Echendu, A.R. Weerasinghe, D.G. Diso and I.M. Dharmadasa, "Electrodeposited ZnS thin films in CdTe solar cells grown with ZnSO4 and (NH4)2S2O3 precursors." J of Electrochemical Society (Submitted August 2012).
A.R. Weerasinghe and H. Shamony, Hybrid PVT Panel (URTD) design, Solar Power International, conference proceedings, Las Vegas, October 2014
O.K. Echendu, A.R. Weerasinghe, D.G. Diso, F.Fauzi and I. M. Dharmadasa, Concentration dependence of the electrical conductivity type of electrodeposited ZnS thin films, CMMP 11 J. of Phys. Conference series. IOP, Dec 2011
A.R. Weerasinghe and I.M. Dharmadasa, Solar villages for sustainable development, APSL research symposium, Sheffield, UK, Nov 2012
A.R. Weerasinghe, O.K. Echendu, D.G. Diso and I.M. Dharmadasa, "Study of electrodeposited ZnS thin films grown with ZnSO4 and (NH4)2S2O3 precursors for use in solar cells," Solar Asia 2011 Proceedings, IFS. Kandy, Sri Lanka
D.G. Diso, F. Fauzi, O.K. Echendu, A.R. Weerasinghe and I.M. Dharmadasa, "Electrodeposition and characterisation of ZnTe layers for application in CdTe based multi-layer graded bandgap solar cells," Proc: CMMP 10 J. of Phys. Conference series. IOP
A.R. Weerasinghe, M.M El-Habrouk and M. Darwish, Panel-direct solar power applications in the UK conditions, Power Electronics conference proceedings 1999, UAE