Students from interrelated disciplines will acquire professional and specialized construction knowledge and skills. Preparation for participation in the building-related professions leads to careers in solving the infrastructure needs of society and the environment.
Minor Requirements (21 units)
The following courses (15 units) are mandatory in order to complete the minor:
- CM 7S: Construction Materials & Basic Building Systems (3 units)
- CM 18: Construction Graphics (3 units)
- CM 20: Construction Documents (3 units)
- CM 110: Estimating & Bidding (3 units)
- CM 116: Construction Scheduling (3 units)
Students are allowed to take at least 6 units of construction management electives. These courses should be selected in conjunction with a faculty adviser. Some possible elective groups may include:
- Fundamentals of Construction Management: CM 1, CM 5, and CM 15
- Building Construction: CM 150 and one other upper division CM elective
- Heavy Civil Construction: CM 151 and one other upper division CM elective
- Residential Construction: CM 144 and one other upper division CM elective
Other Requirements: Students must obtain at least a 2.0 GPA and 6 upper-division units in residence.
For more on the requirements for the CM Minor, please visit the General Catalog.
Listed below is the most recent Construction Management minor flowchart. Archived flowcharts are available upon request. Architecture and Construction Management major flowcharts are available under their program subtabs. Please see your academic adviser for any specific questions.
NEW:Construction Management Department Mobile Device Policy
Students, please make sure that you review this policy to ensure your device you plan on using to complete your coursework is compliant. Thank you!