The Bachelor of Science in Geomatics Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. The Program has been accredited since 1979.
Program Educational Objectives
- The graduates of the Geomatics Engineering (GME) program should demonstrate competency in one or more of the following GME competency areas: boundary/land surveying, photogrammetry, geodesy, GIS, and digital mapping.
- The graduates of the GME program should demonstrate continued capacity for employment in one or more GME specialty area.
- Thegraduates of the GME program shall demonstrate capacity for graduate education.
- The graduates of the GME program shall demonstrate continued membership in professional organizations.
- The graduates of the GME program shall demonstrate a continuing commitment to lifelong learning.
- Thegraduates of the GME program shall demonstrate a continuing commitment to serving and protecting the health and welfare of the public.
- The graduates of the GME program shall demonstrate an ability to pass professional licensing or certification examinations after achieving requisite professional experience.
The graduates are expected to have achieved the following outcomes (which includes ABET student outcomes (a) through (k)) upon completion of the Program:
(a) an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
(b) an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
(c) an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired and applicable GME related needs
(d) an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
(e) an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
(f) an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
(g) an ability to communicate effectively
(h) the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a Global and societal context
(i) a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning
(j) knowledge of contemporary issues
(k) an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern GME tools needed for GME work
(l) an ability to create and or use GME related computer programs
(m)a recognition of the need for acquiring GME related work experience prior to graduation
(n) a recognition of the importance of professional registration and or licensing in GME
(o) demonstrated their capacity and preparation for graduate education