Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering program is accredited by ABET, the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. The program prepares students for professional practice and also for advanced study in the areas of environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation, and water resources engineering.
About Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering is a rewarding profession focusing on the planning, development, design, construction, and maintenance of the built environment (structural systems), water supply, treatment and disposal (water systems), and transportation systems (roads and bridges). Civil Engineers not only create and maintain structures and systems that support the basic necessities such as food, water, air and shelter, but also work to protect against environmental pollution and natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods.
Common Civil Engineer Occupations:
- Design Build Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Water Resources Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Transportation Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
Affiliations and Student Organizations:
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- National Civil Engineering Honor Society Chi Epsilon American Water Works Association (AWWA) American
- Public Works Association (APWA) Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
The Civil Engineering program’s full time faculty members have extensive industry, academic and research experience. Most of the faculty members also have their professional license (PE) and are complemented by industry professionals who work with faculty to bring students opportunities to participate in innovative and hands-on experiences off-campus. Faculty research is funded by external agencies including U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Transportation, Caltrans, California Department of Water Resources and Pacific Gas and Electric Company.
Student Experience and Achievement Opportunities at Fresno State
- Scholarship Opportunities Industry Site Visits and Tours
- Service Learning and Volunteer Enrichment Paid and Credited Internships
- Leadership Development Grant Sponsored Research
- Valley Industry Partnership (VIP) Internship Program Modern Design Laboratories, Applications and Equipment
- Practitioner-mentored Senior Projects
- Student Organization Competitions and Platforms
Fayzul Pasha, Ph.D., PE
Civil Engineering Undergraduate Coordinator
Civil Engineering Department
2320 E San Ramon Ave, MS EE94
Fresno, CA 93740-8010
The department main office is located at EE178 in Engineering East building.