WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN ABET–ACCREDITED PROGRAM
(Civil Engineering Program)
- Our students are ready to practice as soon as they graduate.
- Our local employers can count on our program graduates to meet their needs.
- The parents of our students can be proud of the education their sons and daughters receive and confident that their time and money were well spent.
- Our state licensure, certification, and registration boards know or graduates are prepared to enter the profession.
- The postgraduate institutions to which our students apply recognize our program for producing graduates with the skills and attributes required by the profession.
- Our institution supports our program and provides the resources needed to sustain it.
Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
The Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) is a federation of 31 professional engineering and technical societies. Since 1932, ABET has provided quality assurance of education through accreditation. ABET accredits more than 2500 engineering, engineering technology, computing and applied science programs at over 550 colleges and universities nationally. ABET is recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation.
The Civil Engineering Program (CE Program) – B.S.C.E. Degree – was last accredited in 2006, and will undergo ABET review in 2012-13 cycle. This web site serves as a means to publish important ABET documents and to aid in the development of the 2012-13 Self-Study document. The Program maintains the Student Outcome Assessment Plan (SOAP) as required by California State University, Fresno, for quality assurance. The Program’s SOAP includes program mission, educational objectives, and student learning outcomes, and provides detailed plans of assessment and implementation. Click here for the current version of the SOAP.