This page provides links to helpful online resources for students considering or planning a career in pharmacy.
The links include an overview of various careers in pharmacy, pharmacy school admission, information on the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT), a comprehensive list of pharmacy schools, and access to the PSAR (Pharmacy School Admission Requirements) - reference guide to pharmacy school admission requirements. (A copy of the PSAR is available to read in the Science and Health Careers Information Center.)
- Overview of a Career in Pharmacy - Career description, employment characteristics, salary, employment outlook, educational programs, licensure, certification, and registration, and inquiries contact information.
- Pharmacy Career Information - Pharmacists work in a variety of occupational settings – not only in community pharmacies. Get information on the full range of possible pharmacy careers.
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy - Frequently asked questions about pharmacy and admission to pharmacy schools.
- List of pharmacy schools and links to school admission statistics - Includes contact information, admission statistics, course prerequisites, etc.
- PharmCAS: Pharmacy School Application service -
One-stop-shop for applying to pharmacy schools.
- Pharmacy School Admission Requirements 2012-13 -
Provides an overview of individual pharmacy schools. Mission statements, information on curriculum, statistics, admission requirements, gpa data, etc.
- Course prerequisites (all pharmacy schools nationwide) - Pre-requisite courses summarized in table form.
- PCAT Test - The PCAT test is not required if you apply in-state, but is for many or most out of state schools.
- PSAR - This reference guide provides prospective pharmacy students and school counselors with specifics about admission requirements for all the professional pharmacy degree programs.