Fully credentialed, middle school and high school science and mathematics teachers are in demand ( Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-2011). If you have the desire to teach in the field of science or mathematics, you will fill the need for qualified teachers in these areas. At the undergraduate level, the College of Science and Mathematics offers the Bachelor of Arts in Natural Sciences with options in Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, and Physics as well as the Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics. Each of these degree options serves as a waiver program for the Single Subject Teaching Credential in the sciences or mathematics.
At the graduate level, the College offers the Master of Arts in Mathematics - Teaching Option. The teaching option is intended for high school mathematics teachers who wish to enhance their teaching skills, provide leadership in secondary mathematics education, and/or pursue a doctorate degree.
- Selected Science Teaching Careers - Enter a profession in the search field and get an overview of the profession (and related professions), including many interesting details and statistics. Listings include college science and math teaching, and K-12 science and math teaching.
- Teach California – Mathematics and Science Teacher video interviews, financial assistance for future teachers, credential requirements, and resources.
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing- STEM (Science, Technology, Mathematics, and Career Technology Education) - Types of credentials required to teach Science and Mathematics in California.
- California Basic Educational Skills Practice Test - Take a practice test of the CBEST (Actual CBEST is offered at the Fresno State Office of Testing
- CalStateTEACH - California State University Teacher Preparation Program for Elementary Teacher Multiple Subject Preparation.
- EDJOIN.ORG - Search listing of Science and Mathematics teaching positions within the State of California.