Elements of Med School Acceptance
This page provides a brief review of the elements involved in being accepted into med school. Most of these elements are described more fully on the other pages of this website.
- ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE
- Bachelor's degree
- Grade point averages: The overall GPA of all classes taken, and even more important, the GPA of science classes taken, called the BCPM GPA (biology - chemistry - physics - math).
- Specific courses required for med schools
- EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Clinical, Medical Experience
- MEDICAL COLLEGE ADMISSIONS TEST (
- AMCAS (and/or) ACOMAS APPLICATIONS
- Personal Statement
- SECONDARY APPLICATION
- More statements
- Letters of recommendation
- Dress for success