Note: A full list of scholarships available through the College of Science and Mathematics is available here, which includes University wide schoalrships as well. See the Physics Advising page for a link to the application and further details on these finacial opportunities.
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS SCHOLARSHIPS
1. HARRY C BURBRIDGE SCHOLARSHIP IN PHYSICS: This scholarship is awarded to students who have completed their sophomore or one semester at Fresno State, after transferring from another institution. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need, educational promise and an interest in the science of physics as a career.
2. JOHN R DEWS PHYSICS RESEARCH: The student must be a part-time or full-time undergraduate or graduate student, have a cumulative minimum GPA of at least 3.0 earned over the last one (1) year of academic instruction, must demonstrate a strong interest and ability in physics.
3. JEAN S HIRAYAMA SCHOLARSHIP: This scholarship will be presented to a student with a strong dedication to the field of physics and who possesses the qualities that exemplified the life of Jean S Hirayama.
4. WARD & OMA T MILES MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP: This is available for scholarships to students of senior standing who are planning to major in the field of physical science and with an interest in atomic energy. The scholarship shall be awarded on the basis of financial need and educational promise.
COLLEGE OF SCIENCE & MATHEMATICS
1. DOWNING SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIP: To be awarded to the entering senior undergraduate student in each department of the College of Science & Mathematics who is selected by the department as the outstanding academic scholar based on academic record and achievement through the junior year.
2. NEVA W. HOLLISTER SCHOLARSHIP: Screening of the applications to be done by each department in College of Sciences & Mathematics. To be awarded to an upper division student. The University Scholarship Committee will make the final decision.
3. MILTON J LINDNER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP: To benefit any deserving undergraduate/graduate students pursuing a course of study in the sciences under the auspice of the California State University, Fresno, College of Science and Mathematics.