Department of Physics
The 2018 Physics Graduation Dinner is happening May 5!
Get your letter and registration form as a PDF here.
or sign up online here.
We're excited to offer these courses this fall!
- PHYS 151 Observational Astronomy
- PHYS 175T (New!) Orbital Mechanics
- PHYS 163 Intro. to Particle Physics and ATLAS of LHC at CERN
We're Looking for Talent!
Position Open: Computational Physicist
Why study Physics? Physics is a fundamental science that is the basis of all sciences from chemistry, engineering, to medicine. What do physicists do? We ask questions such as what is matter made of? The answers we get from our theoretical models and high-energy experiments are applied to study microscopic and macroscopic properties of matter, to diagnose, treat, and manage diseases and disorders, and to study the origin and evolution of the entire universe.
Small class sizes, world-class research, and individual attention - that is what you will get at the Department of Physics at Fresno State. Come join us!
Our Colloquia, coming soon:
- Please note special date and location: Friday, April 27 and Friday May 4 (in two parts) in the Peters Building room 428 from 2PM to 3PM - Dr. Jerzy Ryczaj, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland "Fourier Series by Their History"
- Monday, April 30 at 2PM - Note special date and location: Dr. Thushari Jayasekera, Southern Illinois University, "Designing 2D-Layered Materials for Device Applications
- See the full Spring 2018 schedule.