Summer Workshop for Teachers
The Department of Mathematics at California State University, Fresno in collaboration with San Joaquin Valley Mathematics Project (SJVMP), Mathematics and Science Teacher Initiative (MSTI) and Science and Mathematics Education Center (SMEC) offers a unique opportunity for elementary, middle and high school teachers to learn how to integrate standards for mathematical practices and common core mathematical standards through embedded lessons with actual students.
- Learn the new Geometry content of the CCSSM through observations and discussions.
- Collaboratively prepare and field test lessons that incorporate the eight standards for mathematical practices of CCSSM.
- Observe demonstration geometry classes with highly effective teaching strategies.
- Intensive learning experience through challenging mathematical and pedagogical tasks in an enjoyable environment.
- Change the way you think about teaching mathematics.
- Learn to use dynamic geometry software to explore geometric concepts.
- Take back implementation techniques of CCSS into your own school.
- Earn Fresno State professional development units (optional with $75/unit).
- School/District Support: Registration fee $650 (before April 15).