Teaching Mathematics with Common Core Mathematical Practices, 2017
Saturday, June 17, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Monday, June 19 - Friday, June 23, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Department of Mathematics at California State University, Fresno in collaboration with San Joaquin Valley Mathematics Project (SJVMP) and Mathematics and Science Teacher Initiative (MSTI) offers an unique opportunity for elementary, middle and high school teachers to learn how to integrate standards for mathematical practices and common core mathematical standards through embedded lessons with actual students.
- Learn the new Mathematics content of the CCSSM through observations and discussions.
- Collaboratively prepare and field test lessons that incorporate the eight standards for mathematical practices of CCSSM.
- Observe demonstration classes with highly effective teaching strategies.
- Intensive learning experience through challenging mathematical and pedagogical tasks in an enjoyable environment.
- Change the way you think about teaching mathematics.
- Learn to use dynamic mathematics software to explore concepts.
- Take back implementation techniques of CCSS into your own school.
- Earn a $250 stipend and optional 2 units of Fresno State professional development credit (cost $75/unit).
- School/District Support: Registration fee $650 (before May 1st), $750 (after May 1st).