Undergraduate Research Grants
(2019-2020 awardee: Jack Luong)
Undergraduate students are encouraged to apply for the Undergraduate Research Grant. These grants provide up to $1,000 in financial support to undergraduate students who work closely with a faculty member to conduct research, engage in field studies, create projects in their discipline, or participate in similar scholarly/creative activities. Students may either design their own project or work on a professor s project. Either way, students must work closely with a faculty mentor. Students are encouraged to contact faculty in preparation for making a proposal.
To be eligible, a student must:
- be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student with at least two semesters remaining before they will earn their degree
- be in good academic standing
- show substantial initiative in the project
- have a faculty mentor who is willing to work with the student
Faculty mentors must:
- be full-time faculty
- be willing to work closely with the undergraduate student on the project
- have knowledge/expertise in the area of project to be completed
- demonstrate ability to effectively mentor an undergraduate student
The application will be due late spring.
Go to this link for additional information including application forms and guidelines.