Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics, 2019
Saturday, June 15, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Monday, June 17 - Friday, June 21, 8:00am - 3:00pm
The Department of Mathematics at California State University, Fresno in collaboration with San Joaquin Valley Mathematics Project (SJVMP) and Mathematics and Science Teacher Initiative (MSTI) offers a unique opportunity for elementary, middle and high school teachers to learn how to integrate standards for mathematical practices and common core mathematical standards through embedded lessons with actual students.
- Learn the new Mathematics content of the CCSSM through observations and discussions.
- Collaboratively prepare and field test lessons that incorporate the eight standards for mathematical practices of CCSSM.
- Observe demonstration classes with highly effective teaching strategies.
- Intensive learning experience through challenging mathematical and pedagogical tasks in an enjoyable environment.
- Change the way you think about teaching mathematics.
- Learn to use dynamic mathematics software to explore concepts.
- Take back implementation techniques of CCSS into your own school.
- Earn a $250 stipend and optional 3 units of Fresno State professional development credit (cost $75/unit).
- School/District Support: Registration fee $650 (before May 15th), $750 (after May 15th).