2020 Virtual Summer Academy in Science, Technology,
Engineering & Mathematics
Monday, July 13 - Friday, July 24, 2020
The Department of Mathematics at California State University, Fresno in collaboration with San Joaquin Valley Mathematics Project (SJVMP) offers a unique opportunity for motivated elementary, middle, and high school students to experience a challenging and enjoyable learning opportunity.
Interested middle and high school students are invited to apply for this intensive, fun-filled, learning experience.
Kinetic and Potential Energy
This workshop is designed for Middle and High School students who are interested in learning Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) concepts in more depth than they are discussed in the regular high school curriculum. Students will be learning these concepts through discussions, hands-on projects, and activities designed by college professors and expert teachers. Students will explore kinetic and potential energy through dynamic software, conduct experiments, solve problems using mathematical concepts, and learn Java coding.
- Virtual learning experience through challenging and enjoyable tasks.
- Hands-on learning through collaborative activities and projects in virtual small groups.
- Change the way you think and feel about mathematics and learning.
- Learn programming and other visual creation software to explore mathematical concepts.
- Improve your reasoning, mathematics, and presentation skills.
- Earn California State University, Fresno Certificate of Accomplishment.
- Meet new friends, novice and expert teachers, and university faculty at Fresno State in a virtual environment.
This academy is free!
You can learn more by reading the the program flyer.
Materials that are not common household items will be provided for conducting experiments.
Be sure to register by July 8th
**SPACE IS LIMITED**
To register, please go to: 2020 Virtual Summer Academy Registration
For additional information, please contact: Dr. Rajee Amarasinghe, Department Chair: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (559) 278-2992 Danielle Davison (Administrative Assistant): Email: email@example.com