FURST Application Process
Application materials consist of the following:
- Short description of the research environment at the applicant team’s institution
- Short description of the research interests of the faculty, including problems the faculty would like to work on as part of the collaborative faculty research project.
- Faculty’s Current Curriculum Vitae
- Chair’s/Dean’s letter of commitment to provide faculty with a course buyout in exchange for the $5,000.00
- Student team members names, and one paragraph statements (written by the students) describing why they want to participate in this program. Completed application materials should be emailed to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: We will start making initial offers at the end of January, 2013, and will continue making offers until all available spots have been filled.
Questions regarding the FURST program should be directed to
Department of Mathematics
California State University, Fresno
5245 North Backer Avenue M/S PB108
Fresno, California 93740-8001
Awards will be made contingent on the FURST program being funded by the National Science Foundation.