Fresno State's College of Science and Mathematics is currently seeking two individuals to join the VISTA program!
Deadline to apply: July 1, 2017 @ 5pm
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident age 18 or older
- Completion of at least a bachelor’s degree by July 2017 (degree in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics not required)
- Commitment to VISTA’s anti-poverty mission and supporting community empowerment, capacity-building, and sustainable solutions
- Experience working with college students, youth, community-based or governmental organizations
- Modest monthly living allowance varying by location
- Relocation allowance (if relocating 50+ miles)
- Limited health coverage
- Professional and personal development
- Paid personal and sick days
- Childcare assistance (if eligible)
- Loan deferment/forbearance (if eligible)
- Upon completion of service, choice of:
- $5,775 education award or
- $1500 end-of-service stipend check
How to Apply
- Complete the VISTA application.
- Complete the AmeriCorps application.