One of the objectives of HCOP is to assist students in the process of applying to health professional programs. One way of providing this assistance is by attending pre-health conferences. HCOP provides transportation services to some of these events. We usually ask that students register for the conference, followed by a visit to the HCOP office where the student will sign-up to attend the event and leaving a refundable deposit (deposit is refunded at the time of boarding transportation). A couple of favorites are listed below (UC Davis PreHealth Conference, SUMMA, and California Forum for Diversity in Graduate Education).
How to register for the UC Davis Pre-Health Conference:
- Go to the UC Davis Pre-Health Conference Registration page to sign up to the conference as an “individual” and pay the $20 conference fee. Click Here for UC Davis Pre-Health Conference Registration
- Stop by the LSAMP-HCOP Office (Science 1 Room 101) to reserve a seat on the LSAMP-HCOP bus that is going to the 2019 UC Davis Pre-Health Conference.
- Pay $20.00 refundable deposit to reserve your seat on the bus. (Deposit will be returned when you board the bus. Must cancel 2 weeks before the day of the event for a refund). Cash only.
- Complete emergency contact and waiver forms at the LSAMP-HCOP Office after paying deposit.
- Google form QR code will be provided after steps one through four are completed to complete reservation process.
We encourage students to get involved in campus clubs and organizations related to your field of interest (PreMed Club, Fresno State American Medical Student Association (AMSA), Pre-Pharmacy Club, Tri-Beta Biology Club, etc.). For more information on campus clubs and organizations, visit Fresno State home page. Click on current students, scroll down to student life, click on the clubs and organizations.
Fresno State HCOP attending UC Davis Pre-Health Conference (Fall 2018).