The Department of Biology depends on the generous gifts of our friends, patrons and alumni to ensure the margin of excellence we enjoy. Private gifts from generous donors help to sustain the Department's mission of excellence in teaching, research, and service. Such gifts help to provide the best possible education for our undergraduate and graduate students, build a lively intellectual community and support the cutting edge work of our faculty. For additional information on how your donation can be put to work, see the section below.
If you are interested in supporting the Department of Biology, we will work with you to make your gift meaningful to you and your family, as well as to our students and faculty. We pledge to be good stewards of your gift and to preserve it for future generations. We believe that together we can make a difference!
There are many ways to support California State University, Fresno. Each gift made to the College of Science and Mathematics impacts the daily lives of our students and faculty. Your contribution is an investment in an educated and informed population for the future.
Ways to Give Now
- Online - Make an immediate gift to the College of Science and Mathematics using the Fresno State secure donation server. At this site, you may designate the College of Science and Mathematics for your gift.
- By Phone - Call us at 559.278.0453 to make a gift.
- By Mail - Send your check and contact information to:
College of Science and Mathematics
2576 E. San Ramon Avenue M/S ST90
Fresno, CA 93740-8034
Your Gifts at Work
Your support allows us to continue investing in the growth and advancement of the Biology Department by providing enriched opportunities for research and study. Funds have been used for:
- Student Recruitment: arranges and pays for selected, high-caliber applicants for Teaching and Research Assistantships to visit the department.
- Graduate Student Support: to recognize high achievement and scholarship, including teaching excellence among Teaching Assistants.
- Continuing Education and Professional Stature: financial assistance to graduate students and faculty to attend professional seminars and symposia to deliver papers on their research activities.
- Local Seminars and Symposia: allocation of funds to sponsor seminars and symposia in Fresno to attract attention to Fresno State and the Biology Department.
Thank you for your contributions!
Brian Tsukimura, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair,
Department of Biology