(Deadline: Friday, June 16, 2017)
Fresno State in partnership with University of California Merced has a new NIH funded Bridges to Doctorate Graduate Fellowship program. It is funded by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) to promote the participation of underrepresented minority students in biomedical and behavioral sciences.
What are the benefits?
- Tuition and fees paid
- Student stipends annually for two years
- Paid summer internship at UC Merced
- Individualized faculty mentoring and coaching
- Participation in professional conferences and meetings
- Links to research and professional opportunities
- Enriched academic services and support by dedicated Faculty
- Step-by-step mentoring for a successful transition
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Belong to a underrepresented minority group
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 OR Faculty recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree in basic sciences and/or behavioral sciences
- Letter of Recommendation