Business Scholars– receive multi-year scholarships and serve as ambassadors for the Craig School. Scholarships are awarded to incoming freshmen, incoming G.E. Certified transfer students, and select continuing juniors and/or seniors. Scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence, proven capability for academic success, leadership, and service. Incoming freshmen receive $16,000 over four years--$3,000 per year for each of their first two years and $5,000 per year for each of the third and fourth years. Incoming G.E. Certified transfer students receive $5,000 per year for two years for a total of $10,000. Continuing junior or seniors receive $5,000 per year for one or two years.
The funding for the Business Scholars program comes from several sources, including:
- Craig Scholarships from the endowment established by the Sid and Jenny Craig Foundation established when the school was named in 1992;
- Fresno Merchants Scholarships from the scholarship endowment established from a $1.7 million gift in 1998 from the Fresno Merchants Association.
- Clemmensen Scholarships established from contributions from distinguished alumnus Larry Clemmensen; and
- Joseph Presuitti Scholarship established from the Ella Fitzgerald Foundation.
The Business Scholars Program is administered by the Dean’s Office within the Craig School of Business. The application deadline for the Business Scholars Program is January 5 for students entering the following academic year and for existing students wishing to be considered for membership in the Business Scholars..
First time Freshmen:
- An un-weighted high school GPA of at least 3.5 or better
- SAT I composite score of 1500 or above or an ACT composite score of 22 or better
- Leadership and service receive additional weighting, as shown by school activities and service to the community.
- Certify intention of obtaining a B.S. in Business Administration or B.A. in Economics
Existing CSB Students and GE Certified Transfer Students:
- G.E. Certification from a California community college if transfer
- A 3.8 GPA, cumulative
- Demonstrated leadership and service, as shown by school activities and service to the community while in college
- Certify intention of obtaining a B.S. degree in Business Administration or B.A. in Economics