INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
SUMMER 2019 STUDENTS: CANVAS COURSE AND SUMMER SYLLABUS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO APPROVED STUDENTS BEGINNING THE WEEK OF MAY 27
Requirements for enrolling for credit in the Internship (191 or 195) course:
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: START HERE. You must attend an ISSP workshop before you enroll.
- Declared Business Administration, Economics, or Fashion Merchandising as a major (pre-business majors can not earn academic elective credit in 191/195-level courses)
- Completed at least one upper-division course in your option
- To view our database of Internships, you need to create an account on HIREFRESNOSTATE and upload a current resume. We STRONGLY suggest you have your resume reviewed by our office before you do this. We list both paid and unpaid positions here throughout the year (Fall, Summer, and Spring); depending on when you complete the internship you will be enrolled in either a Fall or Spring course.
- Once you secure an Internship, you will need to submit a Petition for Academic Credit. This is an online process. Please check the accuracy of the email addresses you provide, mis-typed email addresses can delay the process. CLICK HERE TO START THE PETITION.
For an internship petition to be considered, it needs to meet the following criteria. Submitting a petition does NOT guarantee approval for credit:
- Minimum 150 hours of work, paid or unpaid at an approved worksite.
- Relevant to your option (for example, if you are an Accountancy major, you can't do a Marketing internship).
- Over-site/management of your position provided by a professional staff member. You may NOT be supervised or evaluated by a member of your family, should they be employed at the same business. If you fall into this category, please stop by our office and ask about your options.
- If you are currently employed at your site, your Internship must NOT include any of your current duties. Please contact us to discuss options if you wish to use your current worksite.