One-on-One Exchanging - Overseas Incoming
As an exchange student at Craig School of Business, California State University, Fresno, you will be able to experience a semester or a year as a student at our campus. Among the several benefits of this experience are:
- You will advance in your degree
- You will improve your resume
- You will improve your English
- You will get to know a different education system
- You will meet students and faculties from around the world
- You will learn about the American culture
- You will be able to travel within California and the United States
- You will receive full assistance from the International Business Programs office.
- Nominated by Home University
- Business options/major with at least Sophomore year standing (2nd year)
- Meet financial requirement
- Language Proficiency Exam:
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) score - 500 or above on the TOEFL Test or the Internet-Based TOEFL must present a score of 61 or above; or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - 6.0 or above; or
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) - 750 or above.
STEP 1 – Application
Complete the application form at www.fresnostate.edu/academics/issp/documents/Paper%20Application_2018%20Final2.pdf and submit along with the STEP 2 Documents. Your application will be evaluated by the International Student Services and Programs (ISSP) office.
STEP 2 – Documents
Submit the following documents along with the completed application form:
a) Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) score
b) Official transcript in English, and a list of classes in progress at the current semester.
c) Bank Statement (stated that you have at least $10,000 for one semester or $20,000 for one academic year)
d) Copy of Valid Passport
For submission of the above documents, you can email Alfred at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important that you know the “Exchange Visitor Program” visa (J-1 visa) procedures, in order to get all of your immigration settled and arrive safely in the United States. This process includes getting a DS-2019 from Fresno State, completing appropriate application forms, scheduling visa interview, and providing required visa documents. As each individual has different experiences, here are the basic steps you should follow and what you may expect during the process:
- Pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee (Student and Exchange Visitor Programs). It is required all prospective F and J students to pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee, before the U.S. Department of State issues you a visa. I-901 SEVIS Fee is associated with your DS-2019 SEVIS number (N00XXXXXXXXX) and is separate from Visa fee.
- Identify the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country for you to visit.
- Visit the embassy or consulate website and follow the instructions on the site to:
- Complete a Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form
- Pay the visa application fee
- Schedule your visa interview appointment with the information as follows:
- Your passport
- Payment receipt
- DS-160 confirmation barcode number (10 digit)
- Visit the embassy on the date and time of your visa interview, along with the supporting documents.
THE CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY HEALTH INSURANCE IS MANDATORY FOR ALL INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.
The California State University-sponsored health insurance policy will be added to your Fresno State account automatically after you have registered for your classes. Payment will be due when you arrive at Fresno State.
- Fall 2018 semester will be charged of $610 (covers from August 9, 2018 – January 8, 2019)
- Spring 2019 semester will be charged of $840 (covers from January 9, 2019 – August 8, 2019).
Please be advised that health insurance policy is REQUIRED and will not be waived or substituted by any other health insurance policies.
- Health Insurance
- Fall 2018 semester will be charged of $610
- Spring 2019 semester will be charged of $840
- Course Fee
- $4 per each KAC class
- Other fees required by the course
Currently the Craig School of Business course curriculum includes the following areas:
HOW DO I SEARCH AND SELECT MY COURSES?
STEP 1 - Class Schedule
- Visit my.fresnostate.edu
- Click "Class Information" on the left-hand side
- Click "Class Search". Make sure you select the term of the semester
STEP 2 - Search for courses
Fill in the Course Subject box with the codes as followings:
**DO NOT check the "Show Open Classes Only" box.
You may also access the catalog at http://www.fresnostate.edu/catalog/ to see the course description and the course pre-requisites. If you are not sure if you meet the pre-requisites or not, you do not need to worry, as we will check them after you send us the courses selections.
Please Note: If a course is in the catalog, it does not mean it will be offered during the Spring 2019 semester.
On/off-campus housings are available. It is your responsibility to apply for your accommodation and to meet their requirements.
Here are the websites:
***If you plan on arriving early in Fresno prior to the start date of the semester, you may book accommodation at the nearby hotels around campus: University Inn (http://www.universityinnfresno.com/) or Hilton Garden Inn Clovis (https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/hilton-garden-inn-clovis-FATCSGI/index.html?SEO_id=GMB-HI-FATCSGI)
***If you wish to move in early into on-campus residence halls, you will need to contact University Courtyard housing office in advance, and fill out the Early Arrival Form, so that they can reserve your room for early arrival. An extra charge will be applied.
(NOTE: In regard to the off-campus housing, please be advised that the most leases are for 12 months. If you are planning to stay for less than 12 months, you are required to sell your lease before your departure. Please read your rental agreement carefully and contact your rental office directly for any other inquiries.)
- Arrived Fresno
- January 6, 2019 (Sunday) – January 8, 2019 (Tuesday)
- If you need to have the airport pickup at Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) between January 2 and 8, 2019, please fill out and submit the Airport Pickup Form at http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/issp/admitted/airportpickup.html. You will receive confirmation of your pick up via email prior to your arrival.
- Check-in with International Student Services and Programs (ISSP)
- Date: January 8 or January 9, 2019
- Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Location: University Business Center (Peters Business Building)
- Orientation with International Student Services and Programs
- Date: January 10, 2019
- Time: 7:30am - 3:00pm
- Location: Satellite Student Union
- Orientation with Craig International
- Date: January 11, 2019
- Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Location: University Business Center, Room 192
- Semester Calendar
- January 17, 2019 – Classes Begin
- January 21, 2019 – Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday - Campus Closed
- February 18, 2019 – Presidents' Day Holiday - Campus Closed
- March 15, 2019 – Program Field Trip
- April 1, 2019 – Cesar Chavez Holiday - Campus Closed
- April 15 - 19, 2019 – Spring Break
- May 8, 2019 – Last Day of Instructions
- May 13 - 16, 2019 – Final Exams
- May 22, 2019 - Last Day of Semester